New Aquarium Pics!!! DIAL UP BEWARE!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here are some new aquarium pics I took,

P5310001.JPG

That is a main view of the 90 gallon reef

P5310002.JPG

P5310003.JPG

P5310004.JPG

P5310005.JPG

P5310006.JPG

P5310007.JPG

P5310008.JPG

P5310009.JPG

P5310010.JPG

P5310011.JPG

P5310012.JPG

[/img]

wow amazing tank! can I get your tank specs? I tried your "tank info" but it just gave your signiture. So you are able to keep a butterflty in your reef? I often wondered if it could be done because I love butterfly's but dont want them hurting my shrimp/coral

Blazey,

My tank is a 90 Gallon BowFront reef I had specially made:

ph = 8.2
Temp = 75
Calcium = 400 ppm
Alkalinity = 210 ppm
Density = 1.025

For a breakdown on the tank as far as livestock and hardware check out this page of my website. http://www.reefwise.org/tanks.htm

There is an older video on there of the tank when I had my Sohal Tang which I got rid of because he got large and aggressive. The stocking list might be off a bit but it should be close.

As for the Copperband I have had him about 5 months maybe. I happened to see him feeding at an LFS and since he was the first one of these fish I observed feeding on frozen foods I picked him up. So far he has done very well although last evening I added a small 3 inch H. Tuskfish to my aquarium. I guess the Copperband think the Tuskfish is another Copperband and has been really picking on him so I will have to see how that goes.

I would advise anyone against getting a Copperband since they are really tough keepers. I have researched these fish for years and monitored their survivability in closed systems. It has taken awhile to a get a specimen that was feeding.

Last three photos are just amazing :D Great tank and photos, thanks for sharing.

The only issues I have had with the tank is the coralline algae that likes to grow on the front glass and that green algae you see near the bottom. The bow front nature of the tank makes it tough to remove either with a standard algae scraper without scratching the glass. The green algae, believe it or not it practically calcified on there.

Hey Guys,

That sea star is a marbled sea star, Fromia spp. I have had him for maybe 1 year, longer, not really sure.

Back
Top Bottom