New inhabitants and corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuOD

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I added two new beautiful fish (though one is still in hiding) and decided that when I move in a little over 2 months I will remove a few fish depending on what people feel is a good bioload. If I could add more cleanup crew to help with the bioload I'm open for suggestions.

Current stock:
Pinktail Trigger
XL Powder Blue Tang
Yellow Tang
Rabbitfish
Maroon Clown
Serg, Major damsel
3-stripe damsel
Behns Damsel
10-15 snails
~10 hermit crabs
2 serpent stars
3 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
1 tuxedo urchin

Planned stocklist:
Remove Srg major,
Remove Behns Damsel
Remove Rabbitfish(??)

On with the pics!

47v1pq8.jpg

2wcln9c.jpg

2w4d6ol.jpg

437qou9.jpg

2nt9wmp.jpg

332owna.jpg

47vtavm.jpg

2dqna76.jpg

The Pinktail Triggerfish is going to be a BIG problem down the road IMO.

Other then that with good filtration your tank should be able to handle the current load.

Thanks! My new light is for sure coming Monday (pending customs) and I can't wait to get some new pictures.

In May I will be adding a 30-40g sump and refugium possibly, and I'll probably just keep my Coralife 220gal super skimmer. I'll also get a bit more liverock/baserock.

I will definitely be removing the Behns/Srg Major Damsels when I move, and possibly the Rabbitfish (he turns this ugly yellowish brown color a lot of the time now and it's not worth the risk, imo).

As for the pinktail - I realise no triggers are truely reef safe, but I'm hoping I can keep him well fed enough that he won't bother anything. He's been in the tank for 4-5 days now and hasn't touched a shrimp/snail/starfish etc. In the wild they eat Photoplankton or something, so they CAN be reef safe. (Bluethroat triggers also)

Triggerfish are strict carnivores mostly feeding on crustaceans in the wild. 5 days isn't even enough time to adjust to tank life. He will wipe out your clean up crew and any small fish in time but it's up to you if it's worth it.

If you do keep it then you will have to reduce quite a lot of fish (like a tang &/or rabbitfish) since the trigger alone reaches 14".

tecwzrd said:
If you do keep it then you will have to reduce quite a lot of fish (like a tang &/or rabbitfish) since the trigger alone reaches 14".
If the trigger doesn't get them first!
Nice looking tank!

Back
Top Bottom