New tank almost ready (pix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JM

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well my new 120g is almost done, i need a few more peices of live rock and then i am ready to go. It has been running for about 3 weeks now and is cycled already, but i'm not adding fish till i have put all the live rock in because of die off from new rock. Right now there is 50 pounds of rock in the main tank and 15 pounds of LR rubble in the sump along with 10 gallons of bio balls which will be removed over time.[/img]

Attachments

• imgp0379_2_146.jpg
    imgp0379_2_146.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 74
  • imgp0375_2_141.jpg
    imgp0375_2_141.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 92
*moved to SW showcase forum*

Looks great :D Where did you get your current rock from?

I get it from my LFS its Marshall Island rock. I pay an arm and a leg for it because its cured but i live about 5 minutes away so it goes from their tank to mine with almost 0 die off. I think its worth it though, its beautiful rock.

The rock does look great. Can't wait to see it with fish :D

Looks good, but that cured rock will need an ammonia source if the fish come much later. Maybe a pinch of food every 4 -6 days might do. Maybe others have a better idea about food amounts and frequency, but I don't think it'll just sit.

BTW, what kinda powerheads you got in there and how many gph's on'm? Just curious about your water circulation. i noticed the turnover was based on a Mag 18.

I have been using frozen lance fish as a source of ammonia. I drop one or two in once a week and when they have completely disappeared i put another in. The mag 18 in from the sump pushing out of two oulets to the tank, which u can c in the pictures (the lockline in the upper right and left corners). The power heads are Seios and move. 620gph each(i like them because they put out a wider flow of water). One of the oulets from the sump is aimed behind the rock to keep the rear of the tank free of waste and the other blows across the tank in the upper region. The two power heads will be adjusted as needed after i put the rest of the rock in, for now they are just aimed in randoms directions.

Sounds good. I went with the Tunze's on my 155. Got the controller, night flow, and variations of reef/ready circulations.

I looked at the Tunze pumps, but they were pretty pricey. I like the Seios performance so far so i think they are a good alternative to some of the more expensive pumps. Also i wasn't that concerned about having different flows at different times so they work great for me.

Hopefully i will be getting another peice or two of live rock this weekend(friday's payday) if the LFS has any good sized Marshall Island rock left. I'll post updated pics when i get them in there.

Back
Top Bottom