New to saltwater. Bsnows 75gal reef tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My tank is 22" deep at the sand bed and that light is taking care a few lps like my acans and my frogspawn which has already split heads

My tank is 22" deep at the sand bed and that light is taking care a few lps like my acans and my frogspawn which has already split heads

That's awsome have you tried and sps with it yet? Any pics of your tank?

I have a acro it was happy when I placed him 7-8" down rearranged the LR he ended up 10" down and he started stay closed and was browning at the bottom I moved him back up to the 7" deep and its coming back now and seems to have shown new growth in girth. The pic was taken just now the water is cloudy thanks to my new 5" diamond goby you see at the bottom he is working on his burrows still lol.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395434840.229183.jpg

I have a acro it was happy when I placed him 7-8" down rearranged the LR he ended up 10" down and he started stay closed and was browning at the bottom I moved him back up to the 7" deep and its coming back now and seems to have shown new growth in girth. The pic was taken just now the water is cloudy thanks to my new 5" diamond goby you see at the bottom he is working on his burrows still lol.View attachment 229383

That's awsome I'm stoked to get some stuff in mine and your tank looks really good:) how do you have your light, sitting on top of the tank or suspended by hanging kit?

Mine came with these little bars that slide in the sides and set on the top of the tank your tank is looking great I can't wait to see what you do with the space

Mine came with these little bars that slide in the sides and set on the top of the tank your tank is looking great I can't wait to see what you do with the space

Yea that's what mine came with but it was too close to the water it was getting all over the cover making the light not as affective and it's not dimmable so I just flipped the metal things around and hung them that way.

And thank you I can't wait to just start getting some color in there:)

FINALLY got the first fish in the tank. I eneded up getting two clowns both misbarred for 20 bucks.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396056122.166249.jpg

Ok so I ordered some zoas the other day. I got a candy apple and a morning glory haha. Both with ten polyps. Get them in today and the candy apple was broke into two. I know they do 5 and 5 on one frag so I'm guessing the one just didn't stick right. I put them in about 4 hours ago and lights went off about an hour and half ago just the moon light are on and they started opening even the one that broke off. So I'm hoping they all do good. They were 50 % off and only 20 dollar shipping so I said why not. Kinda just wanted to see if my tank was ready I need some color.

Where did you order your zoas from? I'm looking to get some orange/red zoas to add color to my tank which is mostly blues and greens atm

Where did you order your zoas from? I'm looking to get some orange/red zoas to add color to my tank which is mostly blues and greens atm

Reefs2go.com there were some bad reviews. But id have to say for the price I can't beat it. I was alittle mad the one part fell off but it's opening up so I think it may make it

I forgot to ask before...is your light the 3w leds?

Yea so I had no such luck with zoas I got. They're looking terrible and won't open. I'm pretty sure my black emerald crab got hungry too no sure. But also I shined a light in on them last night and alittle worm looking thing floated off behind the rock about and half in long. Bristle worm maybe? But I tested my params today.

Ph- 8.2
Ammonia- 0
Nitrites- 0
Nitrates- 20
Calcium -450
KH- 196.9
Phosphate- 0

So outta the two frags I had purchased only one little zoa survived and that was the one that broke off. At first I though maybe it was my water quality but how good this last one is doing and it just came outta no where it disappeared in my tank and got stuck in my powerhead so I'm gunna leave it Bc it's doing good.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396905934.939179.jpg

It's opened and has a lot of color. The other ones haven't opened and are dead

Back
Top Bottom