Newest Addition - Blue Dot Puffer - (pic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikebranson

Aquarium Advice Regular
I cant seem to get him eating more than lettuce? Takes brine shimp and spits it right back out.. .. Any ideas?

Attachments

• untitled_205.jpg
    untitled_205.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 555
  • untitled_188.jpg
    untitled_188.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 490
Small chunks of regular shrimp or scallops. Just what you get at the meat market. That's what our porc puffer would eat.

Nice fish! Try soaking krill or mysis in a solution like GuarlicGuard and do not forget to add the suppliments to it.

If it eats letutuce, also try some softened broccoli (preferabley from frozen), my trigger loves the stuff. Very nutitious and will help while it's acclimating to captive care. As the others suggested try various food types but be sure they are small enough for the fish to injest. If not, try a few rounds in the blender first.

Cheers
Steve

Garlic as mentioned. I would also suggest Selcon, products containing Beta Glucan and Zoe. I would also keep up with the veggies as long as the puffer accepts them. Dark green vegetables (except leafy salad lettuce types) are a great natural source of vitamins and helps keep the "pipes" clean.

Cheers
Steve

I'm thinking about getting a blue spotted guy. How long have you had it? Does it nip at your other fishes fins at all?

mikebranson said:
I cant seem to get him eating more than lettuce? Takes brine shimp and spits it right back out.. .. Any ideas?

how did you get your puffer to open his tail like that mine is not like that

I have one of those Fiji puffers. He is the slowest eater in the tank. I have to push the krill to the bottom on one side of the tank while feeding the other fish at the other end of the tank. He only eats krill. I've never seen him puff up though.

I have one of these too. Try marine cuisine or mysis shrimp. Mine will eat pretty much everything so keep trying, maybe he will take it with time.

i have one of these and he eats everything from brime to seaweed to krill to even flake food

Back
Top Bottom