Octopus Released w/pics!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fuvibo1 said:
what kind of temp. do you have to keep your oct. looks really cool and how often you have to maintain the tank etc.

Since the weather is warm year round, my tank is at around 78degrees. He's an awesome sight to watch. At night i've been watching him alot with a flashlight. I got the flashlight lens covered with a clear red saran wrap. They say that they are color blind and so far he doesnt seem to notice that i'm watching him.

Okay guys. I think i'm going to release my octo back to the ocean. I am becoming very attached to him and I'd rather see him prosper in the ocean. He is an awesome sight to watch. I swear you would get attached very fast. I dont think it's fair for him to live life in captivity. But i admit, I shouldve did more research before removing him from his home. Thanks guys for your input on this matter.

You get 100 Kudos from me for doing the right thing (y)

It takes a lot of will power kilani! well done.

As a note of caution, be sure you introduce him to the ocean just as you introduced him to your tank. Try and find a way to aclimate him back to the ocean waters temp and chemistry. I would also try and return him as close to where you collected him as you possibly can.

That is great! You made the best decision for your octo and not yourself. Very selfless. The fact that you are willing to do this shows just how much you care for this animal. We can all learn a lesson here about caring for our non-human companions. I have 457 kudos...They are all yours now. I am glad you got to enjoy this animal for a short time. Take pics of the release and good luck...Lando

No doubt you are doing the right thing, and no doubt you really care about your octo. It is a very honorable thing that you are doing. More Kudos to You! This hobby needs more people like you, and like alot of others hre on AA! :wink:

Okay everyone. He has been released. I feel a little sad but hey, it's for his own good. Here's some pics of his release. I hope he makes it out there. Thanks again everyone for all of your help. :)

ok i amost had to cry so i gave you kudos too :cry: very selfless act bravo!!!

Thanks alrmc4. While I was releasing him, he was following me in the water as if he didn't want to leave. That was hard. It was like leaving a a pet dog stranded. It was tough believe me. :(

we all understand, when he had been with you from times but he is back in the wild where he belong,

Kalani,

I know how hard it must've been to release little Octo. But, I am very impressed with your decision!!! Kudos from me to you! At least you had a wonderful experience with him before his release. :)

You just have to hope he wasn't in the joint for so long he's become institutionalized and unable to live in the free world. Next thing you know he'll be knocking over a liquor store with a rubber knife just so he can be put back in. Seen it a hundred times... :D

I'm glad you let the little guy go. He'll be pretty happy now. but man I wish I liked in Hawaii so I could catch my own fish :)

indy said:
You just have to hope he wasn't in the joint for so long he's become institutionalized and unable to live in the free world. Next thing you know he'll be knocking over a liquor store with a rubber knife just so he can be put back in. Seen it a hundred times... :D

Hahaha :lol: He should be fine. I only had him for about a week. If he does knock over a liquor store, i'll be there to arrest him. :D

Back
Top Bottom