Opinon on size of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piland8434

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I own a 100 gal tank thinking about 90 gal any opinion on what size is manageable and what's is to much

The bigger the tank the easier to maintain. It just mans taking a little longer wiping down the glass. But the bigger the tank is the less you'll have to really worry about the parameters.

The bigger the tank the easier to maintain. It just mans taking a little longer wiping down the glass. But the bigger the tank is the less you'll have to really worry about the parameters.

O ya know that for sure just was wondering opinions where I live we have high nitrates in the water period man made lake and where Iam at I was thinking 90 would be a great ideal tank I look at people's tank and I put a lot of time this tank Chang me ro filters 15 percent Chang water a week and my algae and sand alge is dumb feed fish once every other day phos bag carbone reactor just started a sump and has helped also herd magnesium on algae in some cases has helped I think are water just really suxs but I stay on it

I test every 2 weeks every thing is perfect I have Charles test nothing everything is good just want to know if I am missing something

I would always recommend the largest tank possible. I'll go further and say the largest tank with the largest sump possible.
I may be flamed to a crisp for this, but there are ways to cut down on water changes. Keeping a tank slightly under stocked, having a huge refugium for nutrient export, and very careful livestock choices.
For example, tridacnid clams have been reputed to slightly reduce nitrates through their filter feeding.

Back
Top Bottom