Our new 30 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coachjones

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Here is a picture of our new 30 gal tank. This is our first saltwater setup and we are very new. Some live rock, and a yellow tail damsel.P1010064.jpg

P1010065.jpg

We got a great deal at our local fish store that was closing. We bought a complete setup, that was used as a display and was up and running when we bought it. The store owner put all the water into buckets and we brought it all home set it up and the next day after it all settled tested the waters and all levels were good. Price: $30.00

that is a heck of a deal! I got my tank like that, well the tank was new but the water came from my LFS, he was getting rid of one of his show tanks so he hooked me up. watch your yellow tail, I have 1 now(caught the other one), and I used them to help cycle the tank now the entire tank is his and he will terrorise any new fish introduced, I've lost a few because he just pestered them to the point they just got too stressed....I'm still trying to catch him to no avail...I've read that if they are introduced later on, they are fin in community tank but if they are the first fish, they tend to be very territorial which I found out the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom