Paul's 38 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
Figured I'd start a new thread since I've got a larger sump now. The new tank its over 3 months running now. All rock, sand, water, & livestock was moved from my old 35 gallon sumpless tank. It was running probably 4-5 months or so. Here's a tank shot. Ill keep it all updated here and post a lot more pics.

View attachment 163028

View attachment 163028

Crazy new stuff. I traded some drags of mine in today for a flaming prawn goby and the craziest looking candy cane coral I've ever seen. The font is beautiful but maybe an inch long if that. It was on sale for $20 because it was so small. Any info on these is much appreciated. The candy cane USA shape I've never seen before. It looks like its taken a lot of injuries in its life but healed up funny and is very healthy looking. Ill post more pics once acclimated. The gobu is very hard to see by it but its identical to the last pic. Tell me what you think of this...

ForumRunner_20130330_145555.jpg

ForumRunner_20130330_145625.jpg

ForumRunner_20130330_145647.jpg

FlamingPrawnGoby3.jpeg

Yea. I doubt I will ever see it though. LOL Max size is about 1". I looked up the price and they are going for 100-130 bucks a piece for this little goby!!! The Guy that I got mine is selling them for $20! He was charging $50! There are 2 more left and he's keeping one. I would but them just to sell

I've never seen them before. Hopefully he won't hide all the time and you can enjoy him. Very cool fish for sure!

Congrats on your new Goby and the deal you got on it! So you got it for twenty dollars?

Last edited:
Yep. Actually it was a frag trade, so free. They were selling for $40 and they where 50% off! Pretty stoked.

Yea I suppose. I've got a lot better quality photos of all my coral and fish ill upload soon. I took some of this little Guy too invade I never see him.

Thanks. I feel its the best deal I've ever got even though it'll never exceed 1"! I saw where he swam to last night and I actually found him today. I think he found a home in a shell in one if my caves. Here's a pic I took with a flashlight.

ForumRunner_20130331_105042.jpg

ForumRunner_20130331_105055.jpg

Here's a few pics including the best pic I could get of the the flaming prawn goby. Ill post some more recent ones soon.

FPG.jpg

ForumRunner_20130402_175839.jpg

ForumRunner_20130402_180552.jpg

ForumRunner_20130402_175953.jpg

ForumRunner_20130402_180035.jpg

ForumRunner_20130402_180132.jpg

Nice coral! I wish my frogspawn looked like yours. That goby is so cool!!!

Thanks. Man it's my favorite fish ever!! I haven't seen it in 2 days though. :(

That goby is so beautiful! Very colorful. I've never seen one in person-ill bet it's gorgeous. :) My goby has times where I don't see him for a few days, so don't give up hope yet. :)

It is most awesome and so TINY! LOL. Hope he's still alive and kicking where ever it is.

Picked up a fighting conch yesterday for $2.50. My dottyback was tripping out on it. I also put my emerald crab in my dt from my sump and he was really all over it.

Got the new danner mag drive 350 in my sump today. Seems to be flowing very properly. It came with a free plastic pondmaster prefilter also that the one at the lfs had for $160 or so. I paid $60.

Back
Top Bottom