Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Merry Christmas everyone! I picked myself up a nice little frag of King Midas zoas.

3KpDDnO.jpg

3N93opZ.jpg

Merry Christmas Paul! Those zoas are super bright!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks. My last frag of the king midas zoas had alot less polyps and did not make it.

Hope everyone is having a good 2016 so far. I picked up a big bottle of aquavitro fuel and started using it on the 1st. My buddy that owns the LFS I go to uses it in all the reef tanks and he is getting great color an PE. Figured id give it a shot. Looks legit and corals did show some polyp extension after dosing. Ill be dosing it twice weekly as the bottle recommends.

Looking fantastic paul. I do love my indigo dottyback but that orchid is insane, such great color.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks. All dottybacks are cool dottybacks unless they are bullies. Lol. Never really seen an ugly dottyback though. I reallt want a spingeri one day.

Gonna be adding 15 lbs of argonite sand tomorrow to raise the sandbed a tad. Gonna perform a water chance immediately after as well as possible move a few little things.

How deep is your sand bed right now? Mine is 2-2.5" if I leveled it and my dad says I have to much.

About 2-3". I originally wanted a deep sandbed. Ive seem them 4'+. Once i add this new bag i will have 50lbs of sand in my tank.

Added another 15 lbs. of (rinsed) dry sand today. It put the level right about where I wanted too. I did break some tips off of my tiny little aqua delight acro in the process of adjusting some things though. The water is still cloudy but I did a few tweeks with a little of the rock and a few corals. Will update when I can get a better shot. Should be clear tomorrow. Here is what it looks like as of now.

hVCMiyi.jpg

ss3qAsK.jpg

Had to frag out my bonsai to save it. The base lost all tissue and was slowly moving upwards. It started back when my tank had what i believe to be a bad ALK swing and never shook it. I did however talk by buddy into letting go of that Psammacora that I had previously got that small frag of for some Bonsai frags. Its a really unique coral. Hope my bosai recovers.
FEIf2tN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom