Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
did you check your overflow and sump maybe he wanted to take a trip down stream
I've had that happen a time or 2

Got them both from Andrew (BAM) for a very good price. He's got plenty.

Yes but the shipping is very high. I have my eye on one at my LFS. He wants $47.00 for it but its a multi colored one. Not sure if that's a good price or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow got thrown for a loop when I got on AA today! Completely overhauled website! What?? This w will take some getting used to. Might be going to a reef club meeting today, we will see how that goes!

Well I am on my phone now so maybe it is just a new mobile version. In other news I finally got that "strawberry shortcake acro" that I've been wanting for a while now at the reef club meeting. Just got it in the tank. Its not happy ATM and its time foe lights out, but here is a super low quality night photo of it now. I'm super stoked about this piece!

jLitww3.jpg

Sweet man, cant wait to see a good pic of it happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys! Here is a photo I just took of it this morning. Like Bribo pointed out that most strawberry shortcakes (Acropora microclados) are green with pink polyps, but after research and talking to my guy (who usually knows his stuff) there are many different colorations of this acropora. I've seen different colors of the green/pink, solid pink, brown/pink, brown/blue, pink/blue, blue, and even a light ice blue which was spectacular. Mine seems to be a brownish/blue, but that could change over time with lighting. I think he had it too high up under his high powered LEDs, but I could be wrong. Either way I'm pretty happy with it!

2WaOgU5.jpg

Also seen this guy out and about this morning. He's been hiding away after molting a couple days ago. Such a cool little hermit!

HLSH6pu.jpg

Either way, lighting can change color just like you said. The odd encrusting acro I got from the divers den is an example. When I acclimated it, it went from maroon with green polyps to green with green polyps. Changed the optics of the radions to the wide angel tir lenses, maroon with green polyps.
Funny though...pink milli is still green.

Either way, lighting can change color just like you said. The odd encrusting acro I got from the divers den is an example. When I acclimated it, it went from maroon with green polyps to green with green polyps. Changed the optics of the radions to the wide angel tir lenses, maroon with green polyps.
Funny though...pink milli is still green.

Yep. Kinda hoping the brownish color will turn pink, blue, or green. That sounds like a nice looking acro though. I had a pink pocillopora that had areas of bright green.

I loved my pocillopora. I had 2 in the tank. Lost both of them when I was working 6 days a week and the tank slacked in care when the cotton candy algae in my tank took root in them.

Made a short video of the tank today. Not sure why but the video editor kinda zoomed in on everything a little. Here's the link.

http://youtu.be/ttcvymNAFZ0

My thoughts "live" as I watch the video...

I love the Rainford's Goby, isn't he cute?!? I love how one of your clowns just shoved their face into the host coral and basically didn't move a muscle for a little while-kind of like he was saying "K, I'm done!" :lol:

OMG, look at that Red Scooter Dragonette (correct name?), the colors are amazing! And the Dottyback too. Is he well behaved? I had a Diadem once who minded himself because he was in a tank with a Blue Hippo Tang and Niger Triggerfish :lol:.

Is that an Orchid Dottyback?

My thoughts "live" as I watch the video...

I love the Rainford's Goby, isn't he cute?!? I love how one of your clowns just shoved their face into the host coral and basically didn't move a muscle for a little while-kind of like he was saying "K, I'm done!" :lol:

OMG, look at that Red Scooter Dragonette (correct name?), the colors are amazing! And the Dottyback too. Is he well behaved? I had a Diadem once who minded himself because he was in a tank with a Blue Hippo Tang and Niger Triggerfish :lol:.

Is that an Orchid Dottyback?

Thank you! They are actually a pair of ruby red dragonets. Alot rarer, a pricier than the red scooters. They also stay very small. I absolutely love those guys. The clowns are silly when it comes to their trachy coral. They dive into it all the time, the coral never seems to mind surprisingly! The rainfordi goby is my newest fish and yea he is a cute little booger. Always sandsifting, or laying down in the sand. Very interesting fish indeed. Also yes that is an orchid dottyback. He has been mysteriously missing for about a week now. No sign of him anywhere. He was very well behaved and one on my personal favorites. There never was a day I didn't see him, so I'm pretty sure he died somehow. He was always healthy which is why I'm baffled. I will be getting another one of those guys. Absolutely stunning color.

Took some pretty cool actinic shots last night when I was feeding. They turned out pretty bright! Most are all top shots. :)

(All under actinic lighting ONLY)

FTS
iEZKojx.jpg

Top Shot FTS
skt77CB.jpg

Tops shots
nAoCQvO.jpg

0h9MUfH.jpg

Ew4EOsC.jpg

pQeyyrN.jpg

ErI3zgY.jpg

My favorite Acan
GL2wCHw.jpg

Super Tongan Nassarius snail (My favorite snails by far.)
mWadHF8.jpg

Thank you! They are actually a pair of ruby red dragonets. Alot rarer, a pricier than the red scooters. They also stay very small. I absolutely love those guys. The clowns are silly when it comes to their trachy coral. They dive into it all the time, the coral never seems to mind surprisingly! The rainfordi goby is my newest fish and yea he is a cute little booger. Always sandsifting, or laying down in the sand. Very interesting fish indeed. Also yes that is an orchid dottyback. He has been mysteriously missing for about a week now. No sign of him anywhere. He was very well behaved and one on my personal favorites. There never was a day I didn't see him, so I'm pretty sure he died somehow. He was always healthy which is why I'm baffled. I will be getting another one of those guys. Absolutely stunning color.

I'm sorry to hear about your Orchid Dottyback, hopefully he shows up. You are right, the color is truly spectacular! :)

Wow, that's cool about the pair, they look fantastic!

These little guys are finally starting to grow new polyps. They are blow pop zoas, came on the side of a plug as a bonus! Started as 2 polyps. Photo taken under actinincs.

2kFNjuz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom