Pics of 125 Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seaham358

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been giving a lot of advice so I figured it is time to post some pics of my 125 reef. I had a tank crash a year ago and things are finally getting back to normal. Still not 100% sure why the tank crashed.
That was in the past and things are getting better now...
I'll post pics of the crash one day...... Not a pretty sight.. :cry:

I am on needles here....

img_500178_0_3b99fde5d5f187a11e14c1d1388c781a.gif

Well you have plenty of space...where are you having problems? Images must be no larger than 250kb and should be sized for the web (like 800X600 or there abouts).

I just uploaded them to the site and waiting for approval.
They are all 250 or smaller... I browse then click add attachment and the page reloads and its gone.. ?? I will try to make them smaller and see what happens, I think that may be the problem. They are 250 or smaller but larger then 800x600...

Thanks...

One more time..

Attachments

• full_tank2_9-05.jpg
    full_tank2_9-05.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 85
  • full_tank2_9-05.jpg
    full_tank2_9-05.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 112
  • right_side2_9-05.jpg
    right_side2_9-05.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 105
Ok the key is 800x600. Thanks..
I have some coraline on the front of tank, been to lazy to scrap it off.

Attachments

• center_tank2_9-05.jpg
    center_tank2_9-05.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 88
  • left_side2_9-05.jpg
    left_side2_9-05.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 70
  • end_shot22.jpg
    end_shot22.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 75
thanks all. I do nothing special and have no fancy equipment so it is possible for anyone to get these results.
IMO the quality of water that we use is the most important thing, that is why I use ro/di.
I used kold steril for about 6 months last year to try and save a few bucks and all I got for my efforts was a bad case of cyno. I switched back and after a few months it was gone and the coral are growing better then ever. B-Ionic dosed daily and Liquid life for the corals and that is it. Oh regular water changes with Ocieanic salt.

Looks great seaham358..
What are your numbers like? Calcium, Alk? Do you dose calcium? (I would think so with all that purple coralline in there :p )
Your VHO lighting looks great.. care to share what kind of bulbs your using? It seems like veryone is useing Icecap ballasts so..
Im just going to assume that one.. :biglol:
Thanks for sharing.. :D

2 Icecap ballast with URI VHO bulbs 2- actinic white and 2 super actinic.
I dose B-ionic 2 part calcium and alkalinity daily I like to keep my cal between 400-450 and alk 9- low 10. But the last several months I have been having trouble keeping the cal above 380 and the alk above 8. Things are growing great now so the tank may be using it up faster.
Most guys I know that use Oceanic have no trouble keeping there cal above 420 most do not even have to use any additives.

Thanks again ...

Back
Top Bottom