Pics of Keith A's 75 gal reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nitrates = 5 ppm
P04 = 0
Ammonia = 0
Nitrites = 0
ph = 8.4
Kh = 11
Calcuim = 380 (I would like this to be around 420)
Salinity = 1.024

Sounds pretty good, could bump the sg up to about 1.025-1.026. I keep my calcium up around 460. What salt do you use? That could be why it's so low, or it's just getting used up. There are buffers that you can use, just be careful to not overdose them. Otherwise, a simple pwc can up it up if the salt mix has the correct buffering capabilities (spelling?).

PWC???? I use Instant Ocean. I thought about switching to Reef Chrystals becasue I know they have calcium in the mix but at the LFS I go to, it's considerably more expensive.

ditto..i dont know which tank to switch over my 125 or my 55...i disagree IMO the simplicity of the rock structures you have it elegant. When people have to many rocks it takes over th fish and sometimes the corals..Thats just my opinion..I'm a less extravagant person though so..hey...great inspiration

PWC means partial water change. IO is good salt IMO, I'm using it right now and find that is lacks in calcium too. I just bump it up with a buffer. I will be switching to Seachem Reef Salt as I hear that is the good stuff. Check online for salt, might as well grab some other goodies too if they offer free shipping after you spend a certain amount.

dhemp, more rock will also bump up the tank's natural filtration capabilities. heck, I could run my 155g without a skimmer running for months at a time and keep my nitrate readings at 0 - 10 easily with lots of rock. Reef tanks especially thrive with the additional live rock too.

Back
Top Bottom