Pics of my 125g reef tank 8 weeks after

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acronuts

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well 8 weeks after redoing my coralscape and some new additions here is where I am:
Left side of tank
img_987928_0_1ebd0ae7ec4d49e925c875117f12de14.jpg

Middle of tank
img_987928_1_33bf57405576625b400cccbcf53b742d.jpg

Right side of tank
img_987928_2_dc5c7b6cb2bc07d9b30383f15bee2710.jpg

Some closer shots of the coraline encrust pvc
img_987928_3_4283e82bd2ff179e7bf67cd0210db7af.jpg

img_987928_4_ad33fd0ec58d2c1b634b650d72ce5c86.jpg

img_987928_5_227a0c78dcedac26420fd89eb080a917.jpg

What do you all think?

The coral and fish look great. Some very nice ones you have got your hands on there. Just curious, why the pvc? I may be missing another thread you have on it.

I am curious as well. I see holes in it. Does your return flow through it or does your drain or what? It serves a purpose I am assuming. Also how long has the tank been setup?

Ahhh...the Super Mario Bros inspired aquascape....lol. Far from natural looking, but if you like it, that's what matters.

You have the same problem as me. It`s hard to get a full tank shot of a 6 ft tank. LOL. Tank looks pretty good.

Thank you very much. I know that this is a bit unnatural looking but it is more of an effort to make the reef look different from the norm. Most people don't appreciate it but I when all of the pvc is covered with coral then it won't be such a sore to look at. LOL!
The holes are there for several reasons: 1. to make sure the water goes thru it so that the water does not become stagnant
2. the holes allowed the pvc to sink thus making it easier to handle under water
3. and finally to attach smaller pieces of coral
I take pride in some of the rare corals and as well in the fast growth that I am getting. After all success is measured by how your animals are doing and the length of time you have them.

Looks great. I like the idea of having the coraline and corals encrust over the PVC, I think you are right it will look amazing when it has fully covered.

too bad tonga branch is not available anymore, the branch would have made a huge difference. Does anyone know if there's anything comparable to it on the market?

Nice to see you on here... Don't you have the same thread going on RC... BTW I really like the structure of the PVC it's like a rollercoster.

no i havnt set one up yet. im probably going to get it this weekend and all the other supplies i need. What kind of lights do you have running on your tank

Thnxs Tank! I am trying to see what others out there are thinking about the hobby. I like the fact that RC and this forum and reefs.org, they all have something to offer. Getting back to the hobby( recently figured that I have an addiction) allows me to hear and read about different ideas and techniques.

John I have 3 - 250wt mh's and several power brites in actinic. Lights will depend on what you want to keep and grow.

i was thinking of a sundial system. 36 in long light system for my 55 short. has 2 white bulbs and 2 blues

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom