Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awesome about Chop's three year anniversary coming up, and the growth on the Tangs! They grow up so fast, lol!

I will keep my eyes peeled for the pictures!

So I have been gone for quite some time might as well give a quick update. Things with the tank were going very well. Around the 6 year mark with the tank we had a hurricane and I lost power for a day. Unfortunately during the outage I lost everything but porc chop. The emperor , white cheek ,desjardini and elibi could not pull through. About two months ago right before the 8 year anniversary I came home to find chop was gone. Needless to say I was ready to break it all down and stop all together. Decided after a week it was time to restock . Started with a pair of volitan lionfish one about 6 inches and the other 4 inches. Two weeks ago I added a 6 inch magnificent foxface .To finish off the tank I took a big risk . This past saturday I picked up 3 Hawaiian moorish idols. Two of which are doing well eating pellets and even algae off of a clip. The skinny one of the bunch is starting to come around and will eat clam with the others but not much else at this point. We shall see what happens.

IMAG0203 by Michael Damone, on Flickr

IMAG0238_1 by Michael Damone, on Flickr

Sorry to hear about porc chop. He was a cool dude.
The restocking is pretty crazy. Not just one but 3 moorish idols is a huge shot in the dark. I don’t even know where I’d get one let alone there.
Can’t wait for more updates.

They had them at the fish shop near me. It is actually better to keep them in groups 3 or larger . I agree that it is super risky ,but this might be my only opportunity to give it a go so I just went with it.

Well small update. Nothing really good happening. About the 4th day the idols were in the tank the largest of them went absolutely berserk. The dominant one wound up killing the other two. I tried to divide them but it got around it while I was at work . On the other hand the remaining one who has been given the name killer seems to be gaining some weight. I am up to one full algae sheet per day between the idol and foxface even though I have never seen the foxface go to the clip. Also have been slightly prying the clams open and stuffing with some nls daily and it is always picked clean by the time I get home . Seems my big risk is not paying off right now .

yea the other one is eating pretty good although it is still on the fence about mysis and such. It mostly eats the clam, nls and algae. It is definitely not losing weight but it is very hard to tell if it is gaining any. It's streamer is steady growing so I am taking that as a good sign. Currently trying to find a feeder to drop some pellets in the tank at around midday.

Well it is week 3 and it finally looks like the remaining idol is starting to gain some weight. It still has aggression issues toward the mag fox so I am hoping he will eventually calm down. We shall see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom