Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hondatek said:
I guess it won't hurt to try that. I just don't want to do that and think everything is fine and then when i put the fish back in 6 weeks later it comes back

It's a risk, not going to lie.

Yea that's why I'll probably just hypo the whole tank again . I figured out why when I did hypo and had no ammonia and why you did kio. Since I went with all base rock there was no organisms in the rock to die and produce the ammonia . That's probably why you had the spike.

I have LR I transferred from the 90G. All my base rock was well over 6 months old...

There is a good link on here for hypo, you must keep it there at least 4 weeks after the last spot is gone. If you take out one fish with ich, it is still in DT and DT should be hypo for 4 weeks still.

Good luck Mike! (y)

I would have to say that ich in particular is the thing I hate most about this hobby. I can deal with other things, but ich treatment is just a huge pain.

Thanks redsea. I agree with you on that . All my freshwater years no ick at all. I didn't make it a year in salt before it struck. Live and learn .

I had to readjust the salinity today. It went up to 1.010 but it's back down to 1.008 . I will recheck it in a few hours. Good news my emperor is getting fat and he destroyed the food I made when I gave him some this morning.

I took a video of porc chop puffed. I just happened to look up from the couch and there he was . Not great quality video .

Whoa,,how often does he puff?
Mine only did it once ,when i introduced him and the triggers went to greet him..
It is a sign of stress right?

No other fish were close to him. He was begging for food right after so I doubt it. He just does it on some rare occasions . I used to worry a lot about it when I first caught him doing it but it never seemed to phase him.

I may catch him puffed once every few months. The 3 main reasons I believe that they don't only puff when stressed is once it was in the dark a few hours after lights out and i got up and he was just puffed and this was when he was alone in the tank and nobody was in the room for a while. And when he deflates and I'm checking on him he starts splashing water like he wants to eat every time.the only other time I caught him when he was inflating he was battling the water from the powerhead . Just my theory.

So far so good the sailfin seems to be the only affected one so far . The spots he has are getting a little bigger so I'm hoping that's the hypo working its magic. From what I read hypo disables the ick from keeping the water out of it's body until it fills and explodes so bigger spots make me think it's filling with water. The emperor ate some algae sheets yesterday so that's good. Here is a bad pic of him yesterday he is getting fat so I'm happy

Back
Top Bottom