Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Martymarr98

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Question. When I set up my tank,I opted to add a refugium to place my broken pieces of live rock into (from shipping). Now it seems that they just turning brown. Is the algae they're growing on them beneficial?

Attachments

• image-3502377077.jpg
    image-3502377077.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 209
Yes. I'd say about just about a month now. My buddy told me the same thing. That the brown algae will turn green, then disappear. Just gotta wait it out I guess. I've got a lot of room in the refugium. Any suggestions on marine plants?

How big is the tank and is that a hob refugium and how big is it?

I hang it on the inside of the tank. It's a small refugium.

Looks like there's holes drilled in there.. is there? Water will need to flow through it for it to benefit. Would probably be better hanging on back with a small pump to act more like a true refugium.

All kinds of macro algaes. Chaetomorpha and caluerpa seem to be the popular choices for refugiums. I can only speak personally of chaeto. It is good and hardy!

There is holes. I decided to go with some maiden's hair. What I'd really like is a plant that will help lower nitrate.

Back
Top Bottom