RO unit installed. Thoughts & pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish my setup looked to clean! I have my RO/DI in the basement..with the feed from the bathroom above. I mounted the unit on a support beam...have the waste water outlet wrapped around a metal support beam like a candy cane into my sump hole. I have the same unit and love it!! I am temped to post a picture of my set up for laughs!

I want to know where you got the Instant Ocean for $43 shipped!! I paid $70 locally at a Petco...I figured shipping would be too expensive to get it mail order!

Thanks

WC

lol just noticed whiteclouds desciption of his tanks.... love the eclipse setup i bet your goldfish feels like a king

Thanks Jim

This is my first marine tank and I was wondering how much lr I should have in my tank. It is a 72 gal tank. I already have 20 pounds but Ive heard that I should have a pound per gallon. What do you recommend? Also if I do add more can I add it all at once or will that cause a spike in ammonia and kill all of my fish(I have 2 damsels and 1 blue/green chromis).

jmmiller. There are many schools of thought but i would highly recomment at least 1 lb per gallon. 75 - 100 lbs would be great for you. LR is such a great natural filter and it doesn't produce the nitrates like bio-balls and other methods tend to. If you get your LR from the right place, you can add it all at one time, but I would recommend doing good size water change, 15% or so, about 2 days after placing the lr in the tank. For example, if you order from www.liverocks.com, their rocks is shipped so quickly and packaged so well, that you can put it direcly in your tank and your fish will be fine. Just do the water change 2 days after and check your ammonia levels for a week or so, if they go up a little (which i doubt) another water change should take care of it. You may even wish to get your LR at a LFS, this is ok, but be SURE it was fully cured (make sure you trust the LFS's answer).

If you get you LR from somewhere else, you will likely need to "cure" it for about 2 weeks before you put it in your tank.

IMO, go with liverocks.com, call and talk to Mike, tell him exacly what size pieces you are looking for and he'll get you setup.

Let me know if you have any other ?'s.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom