Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Members Saltwater Tanks Showcase
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-01-2005, 07:31 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just watch your fingers with that! It will be worth the time and money when it's all said and done. I hope your not moving anytime soon though. That would be a job!

Mike

Old 02-01-2005, 08:41 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak

holy smoke thats huge!
great tank
keep us posted k?
javascript:emoticon('')
jaw_drop

Old 02-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
wow. that must be a huge mag float. how thick is the tank? my 25 dollar mag float kills my fingers! You could crush a mans head with a 200 dollar one!

I know that bigger tanks are more stable, but what would kill me is the water changes. I would rather not have to mix 50 gallons of water a week thank you! :P

What are you going to stock it with?
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:21 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

I never thought of that one Rocket. I guess I should stop complaining about water changes in my 90G.

Mike
Old 02-01-2005, 11:23 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Good Lord.

She left me before we met.
youronlysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:03 PM   #36
AA Team Emeritus

that's just it. 400 gallons with the right amount of LR/LS and not overstocked you wouldn't hardly need to do water changes.

I only do water changes in my 55 maybe once every 1-2 months. I have a very lightly stocked tank.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:03 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Activist

I think this tank progression is going to be one of the most fun things to watch on this site. I almost feel like we have been a part of it.

as always, we need more pics
Old 02-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks. I REALLY appreciate the interest and I will make it a point to keep everyone involved in the progression. There is probably a preferred way on this site to start a thread as such. Is there a "show my tank's progression" forum I should use?

My tank is still cycling. NH3 is zero and nitrites were coming down as of a few days ago. I still need better lights - I think I will go with MH because even if I use VHOs I will need too much real estate on top of the tank and it will be a pain to move eveything during mainenance. I also am shopping for a PS and UV sterilizer (I can't seem to make up my mind on these).

I'll probably start with some B-G Chromis and some Tangs and go from there. Slow and steady I always say.

Regards,
Pete R.

1x Dolphin AS2100
1x Dolphin AM4700
72" Aqualight Pro: 4x96 Actinic, 3x150 HQI Halides, 4x1 moonlights
AquaC EV-1000 Protein Skimmer run by Dolphin AS2100
AquaUV 114 watt UV Sterilizer
2x Jager 250w
...Work in progess.....
peterac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:47 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would go with the MH as well with your tank. I think you will have better coverage, and less bulbs to operate.
The Chromis will look outstanding in there. Give it another 6 weeks or so before adding the Tangs and you will be all set. I sent you a PM regarding your setup. I am in the process of building a house, and would like your feedback as well for setting up a new 240G or 300G. So far I have received some great responses, but I just want to make sure I don't overlook anything. Thanks

Mike

Tags
marine, pics, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com