Some pics of my new 450g marine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterac

Aquarium Advice Activist
Several people had mentioned they wanted to see some pics of my new 450g marine tank. Thanks for you interest. Right now the tank is cycling with just the 380 lbs. of LR. I will add pics as the tank matures. Where is the best place to keep a photo diary of my tank (my album?)

Stay tuned as I have a whole bunch of additional questions.

Regards,
Pete R.

Attachments

• first_rock_in.jpg
    first_rock_in.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 374
  • whole_tank_day_1.jpg
    whole_tank_day_1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 421
  • left_side_closeup_day_1.jpg
    left_side_closeup_day_1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 228
So what kind of critters did you find on 380# of rock? Bet you got some kind of collection there!

exactly what i was wondering Phyl. tons of stuff has to be in 380lbs of live rock. how much of the LR was new versus coming from other tanks? 380lbs of new LR would be fun watching on its own.

You know I thought I would have more critters on this rock. Yes there are sponges and various flavors of coralline algae, however, there are not many others on this rock. Mainly just sessile creatures. Anyway, it is just the beginning.

you must be one rich son of a ....... well you know where im goin THATS A HUGE TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!! wish i had that one

Nicely done peterac. You may not see any critters on it now, but give it some time. Eventually they will come out. More pics to follow I hope. :D

Mike

WOW Great Tank!! I never would have thought that someone would have to worry about salt creep on their CEILING!!! :lol:

Looks like a lot of potential! Will you be installing the tank lights directly from the suspended ceiling? Seems like the logical thing to do.

In regards to:
peterac said:
Where is the best place to keep a photo diary of my tank (my album?)
Yes, you will have much more storage space in your gallery than simply attaching them to posts. You can then include pictures from your gallery in your posts with the img bbcode. And, if you run out of room in your gallery, you could always sponsor the site, I believe that gets you a fair more amount of gallery and post attachment space. Oh, and the thread should probably be in our Show Off/Photos section of the site. We can move this one there if you want to keep the same thread.

Back
Top Bottom