Stock my 30 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needmorecowbell

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 30 gal reef tank with a 20 sump. It has a lot of sps, with Lps and softie. I have one 6 line wrasse and a bangaii cardinal.. Along with a strong cuc. I would like to add a midas Blenny and a flame hawkfish, will that be possible? If not, what could be some other options?

Hey me again:)

Well, i for one love odd ball fish. I'd do a rainford's goby, and maybe somthing else really weird;)

Haha hi!

I do like the rainford goby but I feel it might get bullied by the wrasse. That's the main issue and I think the 2 fish I said would be able to fend off them. I might replace the Blenny with the goby though..

needmorecowbell said:
Haha hi!

I do like the rainforest goby but I feel it might get bullied by the wrasse. That's the main issue and I think the 2 fish I said would be able to fend off them. I might replace the Blenny with the goby though..

I really like the rainfords man. Bummer you have the wrasse

needmorecowbell said:
My lfs has a hawkfish for 52$ but no goby. Should I get it?

Seems a bit overpriced..hmm. I might not get it there i were you because of the price, but i would get one!

If I bought it online it would be 64$ maybe I should save a little and buy the two fish on live aquaria at one time. That way it will be cheaper. I would rather get the Midas and the flame but they don't have them in stock. The rainford is striped and has a slim body like the wrasse, which might make it more prone to aggression.

i also have a 30g reef tank, 2 oc clows, a watchman goby and a red spotted blenny. the blenny has amazing character and everyone gets along fine. your LFS sounds crazy expensive, hawkfish at mine is 20 bucks all day. however, i have been to a few LFS around missouri and the one i frequent is way cheaper than the others and seems to have hardier specimens of everything. bought a pink tube anemone last week for 40 bucks, other store wanted 80. Blenny is a must in any reef. fun to watch.

Wow thats cheap! Im still going to but the midas, its shipping and will be at my lfs thursday. Its going to be 80$. I would buy it somewhere else but i everyone is out of stock.

Yep, I used to have a scooter blenny but it starved itself after about 4 months :(

Back
Top Bottom