Taking the plunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid-dude

Aquarium Advice Addict
M starting a 75 gallon fowlr tank. I have sand in and saltwater in already. I have 95 pounds of live rock comming in tomorrow. Im very excited, cant say the same for the wife lol. This is my third tank now. I have a 180 mbuna tank and a 140 fw tank currently cycling. Anyway here is a pic of the tank. Its very cloudy right now, just filled it.

Attachments

• image-2652272315.jpg
    image-2652272315.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 634
Awesome. Looking good so far. Definitely following. Whats your stock gonna look like?

Im not sure on stock at all yet. Ive got a while to think about it while the tank cycles.

Im not sure what i want yet. I do know i have to get 2 clown fish. My wife said if i do this saltwater tank i have to get her clownfish.

Got the live rock in. Everything is lookin good. Pics coming soon, the cam on my iphone isnt working for some reason.

Ive decided i want to do a reef tank. I have a 4 bulb t5 216 watt fixture. What kinds of corals could i keep with that lighting?

A good starter is polyps. My first was yellow polyps and very easy.

I have to agree with that...yellow polyps (colony) are really great for starters. My first two were yellow polyps and green star polyps. Watch our for the green star polyps though, they can grow fairly rapidly.

Well i finally got my new phone. Tank is doing good. Ive been doing lots and lots of water changes. I came home after work 2 days after i filled the tank and my wife had bought 3 damsels and tossed them in. Im trying to keep the water good for them. I think im going to take them to my neighbors house. He has a established sw tank and he will hold them for me till my tank is cycled. Anyway here is a pic of the tank now. Im pretty happy with it at the momment.

Attachments

• image-87904565.jpg
    image-87904565.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 606
Actually im not happy with the dragon in there, but my 6 yr old daughter wanted it in there. She balled her eyes out when i said no, so i put it in lol. Maybe it would be cool if it gets covered with corraline algae.

Cichlid-dude said:
Actually im not happy with the dragon in there, but my 6 yr old daughter wanted it in there. She balled her eyes out when i said no, so i put it in lol. Maybe it would be cool if it gets covered with corraline algae.

Put red zoas in it's mouth and her favorite color of zoa on the body

Took the fish to the neighbors, he is going to hold them for me till my tank cycles. Had to try and explain the nitrogen cycle to the wife. She still doesnt get it lol

Back
Top Bottom