Tank arrived finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AusAaron

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. Finally got a tank. 600 liter tank 200 liter sump. Will start piecing it together and try keep up the photos

Attachments

• image-4217886408.jpg
    image-4217886408.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 557
Yeah it was. I got it shipped from a wholesaler in Melb called mas imports. Took a while to find but was worth the saving.

Awesome tank...lots of possibilities with that. Be sure to have a chaeto farm down there and your tank will be 100% algae free :D.

Can't wait to see what you do with the whole thing.

www.masimports.com.au. Yeah def will have some macro in there but I am not completely sure how I am going to set it up yet. A friend has said not to run filters and let all the live rock do the work naturally. But I'm undecided.

Nice tank, can't wait to watch the build! What are the dimensions of that tank?

Purevil21 said:
Welcome to AA, btw :welcome:

Cheers mate. Not real sure of dimensions. Away working for couple weeks. Will get back to u

Hey guys. My skimmer( reef octopus 1500) wave makers + controller and rodi unit arrived today. Slowly getting there. I'm thinking of starting off with a fowlr until I'm experienced enough for corals. Would like a bit of input in the setup please. I'll b running the skimmer, live rock, sand and macro in the sump and wondering if that would b enough or do u guys recommend extra like a canister filter or power filter. I'll prob b looking at stock wise to b predatory. An eel, lion fish, puffer and triggers etc. Cheers

That sump setup sounds good, that is what I have set up.

Are you going to have mechanical filtration? I attached a filter sock to the end of my drain tube and it pulls a lot of gunk.

scottayy said:
That sump setup sounds good, that is what I have set up.

Are you going to have mechanical filtration? I attached a filter sock to the end of my drain tube and it pulls a lot of gunk.

By mechanical u mean power filters/canister filters? If so not sure. That's what I was asking. Whether I'm better off running one. Even if I only run it after feeding? If that works. Or Mayb bad idea having water stagnant in a filter. Oh k the sock could work also. So u have that on your overflow

By mechanical u mean power filters/canister filters? If so not sure. That's what I was asking. Whether I'm better off running one. Even if I only run it after feeding? If that works. Or Mayb bad idea having water stagnant in a filter. Oh k the sock could work also. So u have that on your overflow

Yep - on the end of the drain pipe that goes into the sump. I haven't seen a filter running with a sump (sump does what the filter does plus numerous other benefits). But, it couldn't hurt I guess, if you're set on it or want some more flow.

Back
Top Bottom