Update 1: Dtorre125 54 Gallon Corner Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dtorre125

Aquarium Advice Regular
Setup:
Fluval 406 Canister Filter
Coralife turbo twist 9w UVS
Solar Flare DX (24 3w LEDs)
Eshopp PSK 100h Protein skimmer
Hydor 850 Power Head
60lb LR

Livestock:
2- Ocellaris Clowns
1- Starry Blenny
15- Snails/Hermit Crabs

Maintenance:
20% weekly water changes with instant ocean reef crystal salt (Started water changes week 3)

Update 1:
I've had tank running a little over one month. Introduced the two clownfish 3 weeks in and the starry blenny a week later. I made the mistake of starting tank with stress coat plus which can clog protein skimmer with the aloe it contains. With one more water change I should have problem fixed and be able to add my skimmer. The only other fish I plan on adding are a six line wrasse and one other reef friendly/beneficial medium sized fish (need suggestions) , and also blood shrimp, anemone, and corals once tank is more established and I have the proper knowledge to give them healthy living conditions. I know there's separate board for questions but any feedback or knowledge that could help me is always greatly appreciated.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405914401.823431.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405914461.553477.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405914642.753178.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408118207.853791.jpg
So my tank is now a little over 50 days old. The clowns, blenny, and shrimps are all doing good. My clowns are still figuring out dominance but seems to be moving along and they get closer everyday. I purchased a brs 4 stage rodi maker and couldn't be happier with it. Since switching to rodi water a lot of my green algae is gone away. Still doing my research on corals and will mostly likely start out with a hammer or frogspawn coral. Everything's going good and I learn so much everyday. This hobby really is all about doing your research. Enjoy it!!!!

Enjoying your progress.Looks lie you will have a really nice tank.:)

Keep an eye on your snails. The hermits usually evict the snails eventually

Ya I regret getting both. I tried throwing a lot of empty shells for the hermits but it's probably inevitable they go for some snail shells.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom