Updated pics of My 58 Gal. Reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ace1uno_00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
You can see what my tank looked like before in my gallery.
Here are some pics 6 months after. Hope you like.
Thoughts, suggestions?

Attachments

• tank1_366.jpg
    tank1_366.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 47
  • pic06_160.jpg
    pic06_160.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 35
  • feather_187.jpg
    feather_187.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 35
  • side_155.jpg
    side_155.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 27
  • shrooms_173.jpg
    shrooms_173.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 29
Thanks guys.
I really want to say thank you to my friend Sdellin on here. She gave me the shrooms and the anchor coral. i love them!

Thanks guys.

I'm at the concord area right now. I'm going to stop by All about fish on the way home and maybe get a brain coral or something. i'll post more pics if i do....

Beautiful. I particularly like the structure of your rockwork and the sinuous flow of coral up that left side. Maybe you should consider adding a macro or two, something more unique than caulerpa, such as some maidens fans, halimeda, or codifera. The contrast of the green calcareous algaes with your rock and corals would be very striking, the more so since you seem to have chosen your corals in the same color spectrum. Red gracilaria would also be a good choice, with its thin branches, and it would be in the same run of colors as your corals.

Thanks zezucawi! I will definitely take into consideration everything you suggested.
Thanks AMANIGU77!
MichealPrater, I have had the alveopora for about a month and a half maybe two months.
I love them, they have doubled in size in about a month.

The only additives i use in my reef are Purple up and Kent strontium and molybdenum.
I haven't noticed a need for anything else. and one less excuse to buy another test kit. lol So far everything is great. The only thing i have not been able to keep is a Condi anemone.
i had one and it magically disappeared. lol I think the Sabae ate it??? i dunno....

Also my saddle back clown has doubled in size in about a month as well.
I didnt get a brain coral last week, I actually ended up buying a car. lol

Thanks again!

awsome. Those mushrooms look jsut liek the ones that I have. Do they turen a bit of a greenish color at night?

Also what else do you have in the tank? I like some of that but an unsure as to what it is. Anthelia??

Thanks Pluk1992!

Thanks jasno999. Yeah the shrooms do turn a bit greenish when they close up. All i have in there are the shrooms. a bunch of different polyps, feather duster, sabae anemone, alveopora, candy cane, anchor, and... thats it really.

i want to order some super colored polyps online and some green hairy shrooms and also everything zuzecawi suggested.

I think I can frag a rock I have with some nice green hairy shrooms on. If you'd be interested, that is. I am pretty sure I've got a few loose too, they're not big yet, just budded out, but they should ship fine, and reattach to whatever you put them on. I can also, if you want, hook you up with some electric metallic green star polyps. It's about time for me to harvest them off the rocks.

Sounds great!!! PM me and we can set it up. I can send you some shrooms if you want too.
and would you happen to know any web sites to get some of things you suggested?

Back
Top Bottom