Upgraded 135

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmkb02

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my wife went out and bought me my new tank as a Christmas present. We were planning to do the upgrade later this year but she totally surprised me to go drive to this store and get her something for her work. Drove the truck over and discovered it was an aquarium shop where a brand spanking new 135 was waiting to be loaded into my truck. Whoop! Picked it up last Tuesday. Used all my previous media to help the cycle and it moved through the stages pretty quickly. Everything except the sand is from the old tank. I'm stoked! Ok so some pics...

So the stand was built for my tank by a buddy
img_2251295_0_c8056df0cfd2b4cd2fe823b476c00d96.jpg

Here's the old tank getting broke down
img_2251295_1_f0bfdf9ef74851eb92e88d569d4a5f21.jpg

img_2251295_2_cc62d8314a9f8206edb7b20668aa8b03.jpg

And the new one
img_2251295_3_0262b124ee05dacafeb7444175b9095d.jpg

Thx! It's an awesome center piece and I flippin love it! So an update really quick....

Tested on sunday morning
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates >5
Ph 7.8

Wanted to be sure so I threw in some pure ammonia and waited an hour to test. Watched it go through all three phases. Tested again on Tuesday nitrates are back down again. So we drip acclimated the entire tank last night and added the fish.

img_2251596_0_30caf38464bcff0ab9e7e82e330bcb3f.jpg

img_2251596_1_a19901b38fbcb16cb2fcd661930d5073.jpg

Just an FYI, the naso and sailfin were both given to me when a friend broke down his 240. They will be traded in the next few months.

So an update

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate >5
Ph 8.2-8.4 api not perfect...

So my tank is looking great! I have two fish in a quarantine, both look great but I am a bit weary to add them. Any thoughts on how the bioload would react to a mystery wrasse (small) and a stripped dwarf angelfish (medium)?? Tank had been up for nearly two years before I broke it down and put the rock into the new tank.

So an update

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate >5
Ph 8.2-8.4 api not perfect...

So my tank is looking great! I have two fish in a quarantine, both look great but I am a bit weary to add them. Any thoughts on how the bioload would react to a mystery wrasse (small) and a stripped dwarf angelfish (medium)?? Tank had been up for nearly two years before I broke it down and put the rock into the new tank.

have you tried dosing ammonia and seeing if it goes away within 24 hours?

Well there are already fish in the tank now, two tangs, a goby, a couple cardinals, a pair of clowns and a blenny.

So I dont wanna dose ammonia and kill off the fish I have....

Well there are already fish in the tank now, two tangs, a goby, a couple cardinals, a pair of clowns and a blenny.

So I dont wanna dose ammonia and kill off the fish I have....

oh sorry, missed that. well if you have those fish in currently and all your parameters are fine, go for it.

All good, was thinking of adding the wrasse today.... I just hooked my little brother up with his first tank and he really likes the angel so I think I will give it to him. Gonna wait a bit longer for his tank to establish.

Nice present you got there. Awesome spot to have it kinda dividing those two rooms. What size was your old tank looks like a nice upgrade!

Thanks! Yeah had been working on getting it going for a while and had a huge mishap in the garage. The 125 I had fell over a burst into more than a million pieces. But the wife and her google magic found this 135 with the same footprint so the stand I had built would work. I upgraded from a 69 ish (a tall 60). Got the tangs from a friend who recently tore down a 240, as well as a mystery wrasse and some chromes. Good to have friend with big tanks! They like to get rid of things quite frequently!

Exactly. My friends dad has a 90gallon mines only a 55 I hope he gets rid of something so I can take it off his hands.

Yup! Exactly, I have him 100 bucks for a naso, a sailfin tang, 5 chromis, a eboli pgymy angel, and a mystery wrasse.

Back
Top Bottom