Wanted to share :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafecci

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm just excited and wanted to share with everyone my joy! We have a 46g bowfront that has 2-Ocellaris Clownfish, 1-pajama Cardinalfish, 1-Neon Dottyback and live rock! We added a green bubble tip about a month ago to add some life to the rock (minus the nasties we got growing in there) My girls were "insistant" the Clowns HAD to have the GBT. I doubtfully bought it knowing the chances of the clowns discovering it was rare. BUT here we are!!!!

Attachments

• NemoGBT01.jpg
    NemoGBT01.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 82
cool, how old is the tank? what fs did u get it from in lansing?(MI correct?) i might be heading over there sometime soon so im just wonderin!

The 46g is about 3 months old. we moved it up from a 27g. Which was only about 3 months old then too. I think Im done moving it though..giggle. Pruess is the local fish store in Lansing, MI. I was there today and they had just put some new Red bubble tip out in the display for purchase. They also had some green and white ones too. I was totally bummed as I was going for something else and didnt have the money to buy a red. But it's on my wish list! Two clowns - gotta have two bubbles....LOL

The 46g is about 3 months old. we moved it up from a 27g. Which was only about 3 months old then too. I think Im done moving it though..giggle. Pruess is the local fish store in Lansing, MI. I was there today and they had just put some new Red bubble tip out in the display for purchase. They also had some green and white ones too. I was totally bummed as I was going for something else and didnt have the money to buy a red. But it's on my wish list! Two clowns - gotta have two bubbles....LOL

cool cool. some of my cousins go to MSU so i might be heading there sometime and i'll prbly stop in at the store.

Excellent! The clown, anemone relationship is one of the coolest in the marine world IMO. I have had clowns since I stared in the hobby and after nearly 2 years mine have finally decided to host the anemone. Great pic!

Hey ziggy - I posted a new question about the clown being addicted to the anemone. Can that happen? He hasnt left the place since he found it! I had to shoe him away just the feed the anemone, and he VERY protective! This normal?

Hey ziggy - I posted a new question about the clown being addicted to the anemone. Can that happen? He hasnt left the place since he found it! I had to shoe him away just the feed the anemone, and he VERY protective! This normal?

I think I answered this in another one of your post but I can't remember.

Once a clown has decided to host a BTA or anemone or anything else for that matter they be come very territorial and will defend it. Feeding the BTA is not necessary it will get what energy it needs from your lighting. Also the Clown will bring food back to the anemone and feed it to a degree.

Back
Top Bottom