what do you think of my 47?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juice28

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been working hard on getting my 47 gal tank right. I am almost done, I'm just saving for a good protein skimmer so I do alot of water changes, I heard its better to just save up and get it right then buy a cheap one just to replace it.. but I have a few pics to show case how things have progressed.the third shot is looking down into the tank.

CORALS: star polyps, button polyps, zoanthids, acropora(at least that's what my LFS said), blue purple and marble mushrooms, a yellow montipora, and a trumpet coral, all small frags.
FISH: 2 false perc clowns, mandarin dragonette, 1 yellow tail damsel(I'm trying to trap him) 1 engineer goby
INVERTS: 1 spider decorator crab, 2 peppermint shrimp, 1 emerald crab, 1 spiny brittle star and 1 green serpent star (both hitchhikers) about 10 hermits and 7 nassarius snails, 1 zebra turbo, 1 mexican turbo and about 7 nerite snails, 1 pincushion urchin, 1 pencil urchin. I plan on getting rid of the urchins but they seem to keep the algae down so the snails and the emerald crab aren't overwhelmed

FUTURE PLANS: a GOOD protein skimmer, another powerhead, either a hang on or internal REF. due to space constraints

Attachments

• just starting.jpg
    just starting.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 79
  • step-6 rocks side.jpg
    step-6 rocks side.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 123
  • looking down.jpg
    looking down.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 66
  • newest front shot.jpg
    newest front shot.jpg