Zack's 82 gallon build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

S3Reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm upgrading from 55 to 82 gallon!
NEW TOYS!:
ECOXOTIC PANORAMA FIXTURE 24IN. (going to buy extra panoramas too.
Ecotech Vortech MP10
New electronic temperature gauge, wanted
Refractometer, wanted

Allright I'm filling the tank with water and salt tonight

Ipdate later

Ill be sure to keep everyone posted! I will start the transfer of my stuff from the 55 when I gwt off work tomorrow. (y)

Thanks! When I get off of work today 2:45, I will go to gey a little more crushed coral for a bigger consistency substrate (mixed wirh sand). Hopefully I can transfer the tank tomorrow. :)

It's funny because I got this 75 gallon setup for my wife and kids and I've been obsessed with it since day one! I'm constantly reading, listening to podcast or surfing the net about saltwater stuff. Very cool stuff! I think an Apex controller might be my next purchase. (Huge wish list)

That's me too! I constantly research stuff about my tank and fish/corals!
I've got the tank filled. Now waiting for it to clear. Then I will wash my old sand and teansfer everything. Might be a job for tomorrow if its cleared up tomorrow.

So I figured tomorrow I will take 50 gallons out of the. 82 and put the existing tanks water, live rock, sand, fish, and corals in...

This a good way?

Looking good! I don't have any plants in mine. I like them, but I don't. I'm weird I guess. Our 75 isn't even where we want it and I'm already looking for a 14 gallon biocube for the kitchen. I want to put a couple of sea horses in it. I love those things.

Awesome! I want to do seahorses but my mom said "ONLY ONE TANK UNTIL YOU CAN GET A RAISE OR PROMOTION!"
Well I got a raise after my 3 month review. But I could be looking at up to a $4 raise per hour in another 3 months.
So I will wait!

Last edited:
It's all good. I'm 43 so I've obviously got a few tears on you. We originally were going to buy the girls a small (like 14 gallon) tank with 2 clowns only. The LFS wanted $300 for it. I got on Craigslist and found this 75 gallon with 80lbs of rock, 100lbs of sand, base, canopy, sump, skimmer and LED light system for $400. Best money I think I've ever spent.

Here's a couple

2nd day after setting it up.

image-9952295.jpg

A week ago

image-17137849.jpg

Yesterday after I added 2 big doors

image-3507836524.jpg

image-495973635.jpg

image-736169396.jpg

The pics of our 2 clowns, blue tang and engineer goby aren't on my phone. They are on the real camera but you know what they look like

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea” Isak Dinesen

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”

Isak Dinesen

I'm upgrading from 55 to 82 gallon!
NEW TOYS!:
ECOXOTIC PANORAMA FIXTURE 24IN. (going to buy extra panoramas too.
Ecotech Vortech MP10
New electronic temperature gauge, wanted
Refractometer, wanted

Allright I'm filling the tank with water and salt tonight

Ipdate later

Back
Top Bottom