Ziggy953's 72 Bow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks....it will soon look very different...my wife and I have decided to upgrade to a 180....Everything in the 72 will be moved over to the new tank...that is a few months away....probably mid to late summer.....

Amazing setup! And not just the vibrant corals or positioning, but I also love the stand! The rope running around really adds that extra touch! Clever!

Thanks Salty! That was my wifes idea and yes I agree it did turn out very nicely! Stay tuned...we are upgrading to a 180 in the next few months.

Well if you haven't noticed...we are upgrading to a 210 isntead of the 180. The cost wasn't much more and the footprint is the same.

Now if I could just sell some of these frags I have I would be in good shape. ;)

It's going to be a little while before I really start posting pics of the project. I have an addition to help build that is going to house some of the stuff that is in my way right now. Then I have to start construction of the kitchen, bathroom and living area all at the same time I'm doing the tank. I'll post progression pics of the whole process. My goal is to be finished with the entire thing before Thanksgiving. We are going to get geared up and start working in a few weeks.

Well I've been working on the area where the tank is going. What a job this is going to be. I have a ton of stuff to get out of the way and a ton of building to do. It's going to be a heck of a project but that's what I live for.

How fun! My husband is the same way when it comes to building....my house keeps on getting bigger every year! :) I'm not complaining as every new wall fills my head with visions of even more tanks. ;) I think I should just build a fish room and be done with it...lol

Yeah I went through that phase too. I had tanks everywhere. My wife wasn't all that pleased either. I've scaled back to 3 tanks. The SW w/55g prop tank, a 55g FW planted tank and a 10g tank with a very naughty fish in it. When the 210 gets here and is set up we will be down to just that tank. I'm getting rid of all the rest. One tank and only one tank.

Oh wow. I can see the appeal of having just one to take care of, I have had a tank for years but this last year was the first time that I got more than one...and it's like I can't stop myself...I think MTS really is a disease.

Yeah I went through that phase too. I had tanks everywhere. My wife wasn't all that pleased either. I've scaled back to 3 tanks. The SW w/55g prop tank, a 55g FW planted tank and a 10g tank with a very naughty fish in it. When the 210 gets here and is set up we will be down to just that tank. I'm getting rid of all the rest. One tank and only one tank.

Wow, I'm waiting for that phase. I again mentioned how nice it would be to have room for another tank......the vein in the side of my husband's neck started pulsing (that usually means NO:bad-words:) ......although my son only has one more year left in college....I could bargain with his room.....:devilish:

LOL I've been through the 12 step program for it. You have to spend 7 days in the desert with no water. It sucks

LOL...Boot the kid to the street and take over his room. I love it!!! Mine has a long way to go before I get his room back. He is only 2.5 years old. Of course he loves the tank too so we could probably gang up on mom and build an addition to the house for more tanks.....Just kidding...We are dropping down to one in preperation of building a house with a monster tank in it. The 210 will be practice and room for the fish and corals to grow for the much larger tank we will be putting in the house we build.

Well I was bored tonight so I thought I would take a few more pics of the tank. Some of these are with flash and some are with out. The ones without flash are under actinic lighting only. I thought they looked pretty cool so here we go.

1010642smalljd1.jpg

1010639smallzb6.jpg

1010643smalldk0.jpg

1010638smallsmallow8.jpg

1010645smallou0.jpg

1010649smallnx3.jpg

1010655smallpa9.jpg

1010663smallul9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom