Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

1+1=3?

Okie dokie.... A couple of weeks ago we bought a zebra nerite snail (Gary's his name) and a few plants from a great fish store. I knew about the chance of other snails but we would deal with that as it came. Well when we got home we found Larry, a little brown looking snail. So, the sucker that I am, kept him as a tank mate to Gary. So last night my son said there's something weird in the tank and that's when we came across Jerry ( I love the ryming names). He/she is about as big as Larry but more see through and very active. I'm not sure where he's been for two weeks but then we come to what I find this morning. On the fake rubbery type anemone decoration there a few little creamy white pods and even Gary had a few on his back for a while. They are now gone. Could these be snail eggs of some sort? I've tried looking on the Internet and through the forums but nothing matches my description. I have tried to take pictures but every things so blurry I'd hate to ruin your eyes

Sorry for the book but I want to be as thorough as possible! Thanks for your time!!!!!

Old 05-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds like it could be pond snails, and they're prolific IME.

I have about 25 tiny->medium sized ones in my BW tank after putting in some plants from Walmart. I'm actually happy though, since my soon to be new GSP will have ready made snacks lol.

If they are pond snails, I've heard there's FW fish that will eat them but I'm not sure.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Get an assassin snail. I have ONE in a 55 (UK) Gal and I hardly ever see snails anywhere.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com