10 Gal...how many shrimp??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldenLyretail

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I have a 10 gallon tank with currently nothing in it. I have a HOB filter. I want to put some shrimp in there and breed them if at all possible. If anyone could tell me how many I can get, what kind I could get, and how to breed them, that would be fantastic help.

If you want to breed and have never before, I would start out with some red cherry shrimp. Put some drift wood and plants (most people use java moss or something similar) and keep up with water changes and feed every other day. If you're using an HOB make sure you put a sponge on the intake so it doesn't suck the babies up.

As for numbers, I'd also like to hear somebodies opinion on that haha

1280_3036373431623766.jpg
1280_3036373431623766.jpg
So I put in a 40 liters several hundred orange sakura. I have an air lift with gravel. On the floor I have 1cm thick fine white shrimp sand. 1 piece of driftwood, a stone of sea chalk. A lump of fresh water tang.
Every Saturday morning I take everything out, suck the sand off until he is white again. Half of the water and give new.
There are so many, I can not count them. All feel good. There will more.

You could easily fit one hundred shrimp with good filtration and keeping up on water changes

The Plastbox fillet 8 mm Gravel.
102018-albums14463-picture70335.jpg

Yes, more than 100. Suck 20 liters of water every week and add stale new water. Feed a little (Spirulina flakes, dried nettle leaves) No problem.

Back
Top Bottom