24K lyre tailed Molly pregnant or bloated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChristineO

Aquarium Advice Regular
What's your opinion? Would you say this Molly is pregnant or just bloated? There's a male in the tank too (behind). Not sure if she's pregnant/bloated or well fed ? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435439557.679746.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

She looks prego IMO!:dance:
Good looking fish there!(y)
Babies in less then 4 days!:popcorn:
She looks semi "squared off" already but mollies are just BIG anyways IMO !:lol:
Enjoy!:brows:

Thank you for your opinion!!!! I'm excited

Just make sure you have lots of plants for babies to hide...they tend to eat most if not all of the babies.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mollies do?!

All live bearers can.
Live plants like hornwort,anacharis,and mosses are simple plants that fry love to hide in and eat from(there is food (micro food) in the plants for the babies!

Oh yeah...my panda lyretale will pop out a fry and immediately turn and try to eat it! My male will also chase her like she is a candy dispenser popping out snacks...she has dropped at least 3-4 batches and we have had no survivors...I make sure thay are well fed for a few days before and after they drop but they still seem to get all the babies and I have tons of plants.

We'll see. She's laying them atm. I've seen 3 so far.

IME mollies and swordtail chomp down fry like they haven't eaten their whole lives!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

IME mollies and swordtail chomp down fry like they haven't eaten their whole lives!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

+1 ...totally agree

Update? Did any make it?

I solemnly swear that I am upto no good!

Fry don't last long , it's like a swimming buffet for everyone. The only ones that did not get chowed down for me was the 3 that I found in the bottom of my canister filter. Not sure even how long they were in there.
Might want to get her into another tank with plenty of plant cover.

Hey so just to update everyone, I have had much success with keeping my fry alive! they are doing really well too! There are 7 thus far. An none thus far have been eaten, I have lots of live bushy plants, and some even floating at the top of the tank for them to hide in. And thus far none have gotten eaten. Here's a pic of one of the little cuties when they were a day old! They're about 4days old atm! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435776198.613291.jpg

Yay! Glad you have a few survivors!

Me too! Idk how many she actually had, I think it happened over 2 days, cause I saw 4 one day, and 7 the next... Unless I missed some.she still looks pregnant atm. Or like she has babies in there (you can kinda see them in her belly).... Think she may have more?

Just to update everyone. She had 7 fry total. ALL 7 fry are alive and doing well,she still looks some what pregnant though

Congrats...she will ALWAYS look pregnant...dont worry about it.

The one with the red is 3 days before she dropped her fry...and the one with the yellow plant is 3 days after...not much difference and it hasnt changed...lol

Attachments

• 1436416646477.jpg
    1436416646477.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 1436416726273.jpg
    1436416726273.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 72
Oh wow okay good to know

Back
Top Bottom