30 hours to go!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SerLunchbox

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, 30 hours are left and the angels are doing awesome ... fanning the eggs, picking off the unwanted eggs. From about 300 eggs laid i have about 150-200 left. I guess some became fungal or something like that. The bonus is the eggs are still there and the angels are still being the good parents. Lets see how it all goes now. The countdown is on and the updates will be coming!

bah ... about 14 eggs remain that didn't turn this white color overnight .... stillit is 42 hours in and i still have SOME eggs ... i have to admit, it is quite discouraging right now.
Be sure to have those BAPed!
What you mean by that?

SerLunchbox said:
bah ... about 14 eggs remain that didn't turn this white color overnight .... stillit is 42 hours in and i still have SOME eggs ... i have to admit, it is quite discouraging right now.

But not atypical...often the first 2-3 spawns are poor...but as long as you hatch a few, it shows that your pair is good. Are you doing regular water changes, still?

Be sure to have those BAPed!
What you mean by that?

Breeders' Award Programme, via the CAS...the info is on the site:
http://www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com/bap.php

Are you doing regular water changes, still?
No ... i have been working a lot lately ... Today is the first time i got to do any sort of one. It looks like all the eggs are kaput .... i think ... there may be a few still leftover. The parents are fanning the eggs still so i don't know .... what caused the eggs to go white? I know that it could be fungus ... and i also know that unfertilized eggs turn white after about 3 hours of being laid. Any help for next time would be awesome

:D That means you have a pair for sure. With many cichlids it takes the males a few times to get it right. He could still be somewhat immature and incapable of producing enough sperm to fertilize the entire clutch. Given time, the hatches should become progressively larger. Congrats. I know how exciting this is!!!!!!!!!!!

i think i just mesed up ...
I fed them some blood worms (just a few to give them a bit to eat) and then they lost sight of some eggs they were moving around. I think i saw them in with the white eggs or on the sand bed. I don't really know. They are so small it is kind of rediculous. and now i am just worried.

Oh and that means about 12 hours to go
They seemed to have found one egg ... that is all ... they keep moving it up the slate ....

Well, the wiggling egg is no where to be seen and that goes for the other eggs they were moving around. I am pretty sure they are all lying in the sand base ... but i cannot see them at all. How am i going to know if they hatched or not? especially if the parents eats them

7 hours to go and the slate is clean of all dead eggs. I still can't find those blasted eggs that were wiggling ... i am nervous that the sand will be the death of them

Back
Top Bottom