5 gallon planted tank for Blue Cherry Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicnet

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just converted my 5 gallon tank to a planted tank (again) and I'm pretty stoked about it! I put the soil in, sand from my 20, some driftwood and shells from it before, and some new plants that I have no idea what they are! As well as the blue shrimp of course!

The shrimp were in a tank with some other red cherry shrimp and some bright orange ones as well. They were all really really pretty, but I definitely love the blue ones!

Truth be told, other than the ones I had a few years ago before my great "Thanksgiving Day Massacre" (a heater issue that wiped my entire tank, fish, plants, shrimp, snails, everything) I have never bred cherry shrimp! The only shrimp I've ever bred is ghost shrimp, and that was mostly just with nature doing it's thing...

So! What can I do to ensure these guys breed? Any helpful suggestions?

Here's a picture of the tank right now. It's really cloudy for some reason, and there is still soil that is floating, so it's a bit messy. But oh well!

image-1501835670.jpg

Also, any input on what type of plants these are would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom