angel eggs turning white after first sprawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soomit seebun

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello.... i have 4 adult angel fish in a 5ft aquarium and suddenly yesterday i saw two of my angel fish becoming agressive and after 75% water change yesterday they sprawn this morning but in the afternoon all the eggs turned white.... this was their first sprawn.... can anyone please tell me if it is normal for ALL the eggs to turned white.... thanks

It means your eggs are infertile. If they are clearish they were fertilized and you'll have little babies soon.

I have an single female angel fish, and she twice lay eggs in the tank, attached to the pipe, she became territorial protecting the eggs agains any other fish.

Later because she is alone, the eggs turned white (like in 36 hours) or infertile, she protected the eggs like for 2 days, then she ate them, or ate most of them and lost interest, then the other fish finished.

Also BigJim told me that the angel fish trend to lay eggs when the water temperature drops some degrees, in other words, if in your water changes the new water is slightly cooler, it is possible that the angel females perceived the temperature change and that induces the eggs!

Just a thought, also if your angel fish are laying eggs is a good sign of water quality and good conditions in your tank! Keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom