Angel fish ..... Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cococalm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
2 weeks ago my Angels fry hatched and all seemed ok. There were about 60 fry. They have been free swimming for a while now, but today I have 2 fry left. 2 main questions are on my mind ...... besides the obvious one .... where are the rest ??

1. Do Angels cannibalize their own fry after a time ? and if so, when is best to separate the parents from the fry ?

2. Do Apple snails eat fish fry ? I know they eat the eggs ( I took my snails out before the eggs were laid but added them back when the fry were free swimming for about a week )

3. Side issue .... I doubt Ottocinclus eat fry, but is it possible that young Bronze Corys would eat the young ?

The parents are fed normal flakes 3 times a day and I feed the fry a mixture of Spirulina, Artemia and fish food for egg layers by Tetramin 3 - 4 times a day.

Any help would be useful .... this was my first hatch of Angels ... so experience is short on my part ..... Thank you.

My guess would be the angels are eating the young. I would let the parents try a couple more times as they might get better parenting skills. If nothing changes after a few batches then I would just separate the parents from the eggs. Some people will use tumblers but I think you would be fine without.

Corys do a good job of finding food, it could be them, but more likely the Angels decided to eat them.

Back
Top Bottom