Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 04-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ocminpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,279
Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
"Angel" my Molly is SQUARE!

My 6 mth old juvie Dalmatian Molly "Angel" is square!
I didnt notice until I was staring at the tank and noticed my male and her tumbling around and playing tag... A closer look revealed her vent wide open and protruding... And the bottom of her belly straight as can be!
I moved her out of the main tank and into the 20g with the rest of the preggo females and put my sponge over the intake.
There may be some fry loss but not ALL of them which is guaranteed with my betta and shrimp in the other tank.

YAY! I'm exited! Angel is from my very first Dalmatian Molly...
__________________

__________________
ocminpin
ocminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocminpin
My 6 mth old juvie Dalmatian Molly "Angel" is square!
I didnt notice until I was staring at the tank and noticed my male and her tumbling around and playing tag... A closer look revealed her vent wide open and protruding... And the bottom of her belly straight as can be!
I moved her out of the main tank and into the 20g with the rest of the preggo females and put my sponge over the intake.
There may be some fry loss but not ALL of them which is guaranteed with my betta and shrimp in the other tank.

YAY! I'm exited! Angel is from my very first Dalmatian Molly...
Man, how many mollies do you have! I keep seeing threads about pregnant fish from you lol!! That's great congrats
__________________

__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ocminpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,279
Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Quote:
Originally Posted by George9

Man, how many mollies do you have! I keep seeing threads about pregnant fish from you lol!! That's great congrats

I have 4 females and 1 male Molly

2 female Platies
2 platy fry i kept
Male betta
Female betta
Oto
Shrimp

Spread across 3 tanks
All my females are pregnant.
I don't have any male Platies... The females came from store pregnant.
I'm looking now to see how long I've had my new male Molly to see if these could be his babies or not... We'll see if we get any black mollies out of her..
__________________
ocminpin
ocminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocminpin

I have 4 females and 1 male Molly

2 female Platies
2 platy fry i kept
Male betta
Female betta
Oto
Shrimp

Spread across 3 tanks
All my females are pregnant.
I don't have any male Platies... The females came from store pregnant.
I'm looking now to see how long I've had my new male Molly to see if these could be his babies or not... We'll see if we get any black mollies out of her..
Wow! That's pretty lucky all were pregnant when you got them! I can't wait to see what colors you get out soon
__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ocminpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,279
Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Quote:
Originally Posted by George9

Wow! That's pretty lucky all were pregnant when you got them! I can't wait to see what colors you get out soon
My 20g has 4 preg females and 2 platy fry... We'll see what happens by morning!
__________________
ocminpin
ocminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocminpin

My 20g has 4 preg females and 2 platy fry... We'll see what happens by morning!
My fingers are crossed for ya
__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ocminpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,279
Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Quote:
Originally Posted by George9

My fingers are crossed for ya
Thank you I'm sitting on the carpet staring at her do laps... 5,000 laps a minute haha...
She's 5 1/2 mths old and bigger than my Platies.
Just looked and I got my Black Molly male 20 days ago... These babies aren't his...
__________________
ocminpin
ocminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:23 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Chronos313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,020
Lol! Soon enough your babies will have babies. I just found a lone baby and I'm guessing about 7 days old in my 30 gallon I'm treating for ich . So it's quarantined in a breeder net all alone. And it's not from twinnie my twin bar, so I'm waiting to see color on it
__________________
55 Gallon Cichlid build in the works
Chronos313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:32 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ocminpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,279
Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos313
Lol! Soon enough your babies will have babies. I just found a lone baby and I'm guessing about 7 days old in my 30 gallon I'm treating for ich . So it's quarantined in a breeder net all alone. And it's not from twinnie my twin bar, so I'm waiting to see color on it
Angel IS my baby! I watched her be born.. and scooped her out seconds later with my hand... Mom had 43 live...
She was born Sept 13th
__________________
ocminpin
ocminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:34 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Chronos313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,020
Nice! I had twinnie drop 24 babies and only 1 died the same day. The others are growing and eating properly so I'm happy. Twinnie is my favorite I can actually rub her head lol. Crazy fish!
__________________
55 Gallon Cichlid build in the works
Chronos313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ocminpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,279
Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos313
Nice! I had twinnie drop 24 babies and only 1 died the same day. The others are growing and eating properly so I'm happy. Twinnie is my favorite I can actually rub her head lol. Crazy fish!
My fish rush to my hands and rub against my fingers and sit nibbling in my hand... Pushing each other out of the way for top spot.
My fry do it within two weeks... It always takes one fry brave enough to touch me and not be hurt in the other fry's eyes..
This is only with my MOLLIES, not my Platies.. My mollies are very friendly... My Platies are shy...
__________________
ocminpin
ocminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Chronos313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,020
Haha they send out a sacrificial lamb it seems. That's too cute. I'm still wondering where this mystery fry came from. I may have to call scion and the gang to solve this one
__________________
55 Gallon Cichlid build in the works
Chronos313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ocminpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,279
Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Off to bed I go.... It's almost 3am... Let's hope for babies in the morning
__________________
ocminpin
ocminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ocminpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,279
Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Still square and full... Very active... Still on fry watch
__________________
ocminpin
ocminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ocminpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,279
Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
I can see her vent flexing! She's very squared off and I'm just waiting... Did a 25% PWC/gravel vac and fed bloodworms this morning... Heat up a couple degrees...
She's just hovering at surface very still....


Attachment 87191



Attachment 87192



Attachment 87193
__________________
ocminpin
ocminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,332
Fry yet?
__________________
It's not a dumb question if you ask it.
Too many tanks? GASP! How could that be?
emerald76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ocminpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,279
Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald76
Fry yet?
Noooooooooo
__________________
ocminpin
ocminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,332
What day are we on?
:thinks:
__________________
It's not a dumb question if you ask it.
Too many tanks? GASP! How could that be?
emerald76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ocminpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,279
Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald76
What day are we on?
:thinks:
Don't know.. She didn't get pregnant or use the sperm immediately... Last birth was Valentine's Day... Feb 14th. So don't have a day to count from....
Thought she was going to be sweet and hit every holiday this year.... Valentines day, St Patricks day, Easter, Mothers Day, My birthday (June)... But noooo. HAHA
__________________
ocminpin
ocminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocminpin

Don't know.. She didn't get pregnant or use the sperm immediately... Last birth was Valentine's Day... Feb 14th. So don't have a day to count from....
Thought she was going to be sweet and hit every holiday this year.... Valentines day, St Patricks day, Easter, Mothers Day, My birthday (June)... But noooo. HAHA
That would have been quite odd
__________________

__________________
It's not a dumb question if you ask it.
Too many tanks? GASP! How could that be?
emerald76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
angel, molly, square

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 55g planted/turtle/fish tank jkdubs2 Members Freshwater Tanks Showcase 36 04-09-2012 12:41 AM
Is my guppy pregnant? UniqueTalent Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 4 04-05-2012 06:00 AM
What kind of cichlid is this Brentweld Cichlid Discussion 20 04-03-2012 11:01 AM
Eco-complete is angular; what bottom dweller to choose? MarioMarimo Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 6 04-03-2012 10:22 AM
What is going on???? Bags101 Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 69 04-03-2012 08:41 AM







» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×