Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vegetarian fish nut

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I Have several tanks, and am framiliar with cycling and all the basics, but am new to angelfish. I would like to breed them. I have an 80gal tank, and 3 breeding pairs. (at least the person I got them from said they were) I would like to breed angelfish. I have other tanks availiable if needed. Will they breed with six angels 3 pairs? Is 80 gal sufficient for 6 angels? Can I add any other fish? Ciclids? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Vegetarian fish nut said:
Hi,
I Have several tanks, and am framiliar with cycling and all the basics, but am new to angelfish. I would like to breed them. I have an 80gal tank, and 3 breeding pairs. (at least the person I got them from said they were) I would like to breed angelfish. I have other tanks availiable if needed. Will they breed with six angels 3 pairs? Is 80 gal sufficient for 6 angels? Can I add any other fish? Ciclids? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

IME 6 Angel fish in a 80 G tank will be a problem, if in fact the 6 are pairs, they will become really aggressive when they start to lay eggs.
My recommendation is to try to keep a maximum of 2 pairs, and even that you will find out if there is not aggression.

Good. Luck

Wow. They will get really aggressive when breeding. If I were you remove one to two pairs, then you could add some semi aggressive fish.

With minimal tank mates, 6 angels in an 80g may be ok, but it will depend on the angels. Some are more aggressive than others. If your goal is to raise babies, you may want to consider getting 29g tanks for each pair rather than 1 tank for all of them. If they seem to get along ok and pick out territories, then I would just leave them as is.
Angels do indeed get aggressive while breeding. If they each have their own territory, they may co-exist, but I do agree that keeping 2 pairs in the tank would be safer. Up to you. My angels breed in community tanks just fine, but I only keep 1 breeding pair in there.

So far they seem to get along fine. They all came from the same tank. The person I got them from had them and
Many others kinds of fish in a 220gal. I just got them a few days ago, maybe I will just see how things go. I have a 30gal and A 20gal that will be availiable in the future, but as of right now they are occupied. I also have another 30 gal with 8 mollies and 4 Loaches. Would it be better to put one pair in that tank and move the mollies and loaches with 2 pairs in the 80 gal? If I can get them to spawn, do you recommend leaving the eggs to be raised by patents or remove them to hatch in another tank?

Back
Top Bottom