Angelfish breeding??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a question I was watching my 2 angelfish last night and my koi angel would turn onto it's side and shake when my black angel would get close! Then the would lock lips and shake and go to the top of the water! I have another smaller angel and the koi one keeps chasing it away! I was wondering are they going to breed? They are in a 55g I put them in a pot bottom , so maybe they could lay there eggs on it! I would love to raise them! If they do lay eggs should i take them? I have a 10g and a sponge filter! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a question I was watching my 2 angelfish last night and my koi angel would turn onto it's side and shake when my black angel would get close! Then the would lock lips and shake and go to the top of the water! I have another smaller angel and the koi one keeps chasing it away! I was wondering are they going to breed? They are in a 55g I put them in a pot bottom , so maybe they could lay there eggs on it! I would love to raise them! If they do lay eggs should i take them? I have a 10g and a sponge filter! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Check out the videos in this link to help determine what's happening: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/angelfish-mating-ritual-318326-3.html#post3038223

If this is mating, you may want to read through a thread here in the breeding forum titled "Wigglers at last!!!!". It's an old thread but contains just about everything you need to know about breeding and raising Angelfish ( as offered by both professional and hobbyist breeders).

Hope this helps (y)

Check out the videos in this link to help determine what's happening: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/angelfish-mating-ritual-318326-3.html#post3038223

If this is mating, you may want to read through a thread here in the breeding forum titled "Wigglers at last!!!!". It's an old thread but contains just about everything you need to know about breeding and raising Angelfish ( as offered by both professional and hobbyist breeders).

Hope this helps (y)

Thank you that helped alot! I'm pretty sure it was fighting though:(

Back
Top Bottom