Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Question Angelfish Breeding - ADVICE PLEASE!!

I have a pair of angelfish that were given to me a month ago. I'm clueless about them other than they're pretty! They laid eggs, I read up on it, decided to just let nature take its course, and now the eggs have hatched and they've been great parents so far. But today the momma seems to be pushing the daddy away to the corner of tank, won't let him move, seems stressed out by his presence. Is that normal? Should I remove him at this point? The babies are not yet swimming but it looks like soon...Any advice would be appreciated!!

Old 03-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnewport
I have a pair of angelfish that were given to me a month ago. I'm clueless about them other than they're pretty! They laid eggs, I read up on it, decided to just let nature take its course, and now the eggs have hatched and they've been great parents so far. But today the momma seems to be pushing the daddy away to the corner of tank, won't let him move, seems stressed out by his presence. Is that normal? Should I remove him at this point? The babies are not yet swimming but it looks like soon...Any advice would be appreciated!!
Might want to do a search, but I've heard the the male will eat the fry, so mom is just defending/protecting them.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Old 03-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #3

congrats on the angels, sounds like daddy is hungry or looking for an excuse to do it again...lol

Tags
angel, angelfish, breed, breeding

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com