Angelfish breeding requirements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
55 gallon or bigger for a "pair up" tank if you are buying young ones to grow out and pair up. If you are buying a proven pair, put them in a 29 gallon for a breeding tank. One 2-1/2 gallon for hatching eggs and a ten gallon for the fry for the first month. Could use a gallon jar in the ten gallon instead of the 2-1/2. A couple 55 gallon tanks for the fry to grow out in. This is for one pair. If you are breeding them you will want several pair to do crosses so at least double the above.
Most important is a place to get rid of the excess youngsters. They usually spawn every 10 - 14 days with about 2-3 hundred fry each spawn.
You also need to hatch baby brine shrimp for the fry for the first couple weeks, so you will need a brine shrimp hatchery.

I have 3 pairs and they're all about an inch right now. I have a 53.4 gallon, but it is currently in use. So I will buy another tank.

But which kind of tank should I go for?? A tall tank, or a wide tank?? Since Angelfishes grow down and upwards, instead of growing longer to tje front.

Secondly, I have danio frys, so I tried searching for baby brine shrimps all over the place (local stores) but got no luck. Want to go for online shopping, but I had some sort of trauma towards online shopping. So is there any other way out for this??

Third, my male is a platinum pearlscale angelfish, while the females are regular platinum angelfish. Will this work out or not??

A 55 gallon 48"X12.5"X21" would be fine for 6 angels. Any tank deeper than about 16 inches will do. Go for abt. 20 gallons for the first one and 10 gallons each after that.
If they are only an inch, you have no idea if they are male or female, they are too small to tell.
You can't buy baby brine shrimp, you need to buy the eggs and hatch them yourself.
One pearl scale and one regular will give you half and half regular and pearl scale platinums.

A 55 gallon 48"X12.5"X21" would be fine for 6 angels. Any tank deeper than about 16 inches will do. Go for abt. 20 gallons for the first one and 10 gallons each after that.
If they are only an inch, you have no idea if they are male or female, they are too small to tell.
You can't buy baby brine shrimp, you need to buy the eggs and hatch them yourself.
One pearl scale and one regular will give you half and half regular and pearl scale platinums.

I see, I'll ask for the brine shrimp eggs next time.

Oh you can't tell when they're still an inch??? I must wait until they get how big to tell whether they are male or not (how big their body size, fin size excluded/not included)??

So their spawn will have almost 50 50 chance on getting half regular and half other spawns pearl scale platinum. Wow sounds funny yet cool somehow xD

Ok, I'll look for a tank that is taller than 16 inch. So the 20 gallons and 10 gallons tanks are for.......???

Back
Top Bottom