Angelfish Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My angelfish laid eggs twice, and the eggs were eaten within 2-3 days, but now I have a full tank ready so if they mate again I can move the eggs over no problem

If you are going to move the eggs, it is best done to a small tank or even a gallon jug. The reason is that it is easier to control the hatch in a smaller container and if you are using something like Methylene Blue as an anti- fungal, you will need less. In addition when the fry become free swimming it is easier to keep them fed if the fry and food are concentrated. If using a gallon jug, it can be floated in a tank to maintain a temp of 80F and the jug can be tipped into the tank when the fry are large enough. Fry generally become free swimming on day 7 after hatching. At this point, live food in the form of newly hatched baby brine shrimp or microworms are needed. BBS is the better choice, but microworms will do. The first few feedings are critical in my experience. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom