Angelfish Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenix01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two angelfish in a 30 gallon aquarium. This will be the third time they have laid eggs. Every time, they choose to lay the eggs on the tank wall, so I am unable to remove them and place them in another tank. The first two times, the eggs all disappeared in about three days from the time I noticed them. I looked around the tank carefully, and did not see any fry. Is the filter possibly sucking the eggs up? (it is an aquaclear 200) If so, would it be OK to turn it off until they hatch? Is there anything I should be doing to the tank while the eggs are there to ensure their survival? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to lose another batch of eggs.

Angels often take a few times before they get the hang of it. I like parent raised fry where possible , IMO they are going to be genetically stronger in the long run.

and usually when they stop eatin the eggs they start fanning and eating the fungused ones

Thank you so much. There are a few fungused eggs, but they all appear to still be there. My angels are so preoccupied they don't want to eat though. Is that normal? Also, is there anything I can do to prevent the fungus? Thanks.

It is quite normal for them to be preoccupied, and it's even better not to feed them right away with new eggs. That's just my experience though. I've had my keyhole cichlids start fighting very seriously after a feeding. Don't know why though, but it was right after they were done. Maybe because noone was watching the eggs for a while?

There are anti-fungal products out there, but I don't know if it's ok to threat the whole tank with that stuff. You should read the instructions on the package for that. Or let someone else answer that question here :wink:

Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom