Angelfish Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NiaCas

Aquarium Advice Activist
I knew my angelfish laid eggs, but they disappeared, so I figured they were eaten. Whoops! Now I've got fry in one of my big community tanks. I'm going to bed in a minute (it's 1am) but if they're still there tomorrow then I figure I might as well take a whack at raising them, and I have a few questions.
1) Tomorrow's water change day. Is it still safe to do it with them in the tank?
2) I have a 20 gallon tank free and it's been running. The betta it was meant for unfortunately died before I could move him :( and I didn't break it down, so it's cycled, empty, only filter is a sponge filter, and it's planted. Should I move the fry to this tank?
3) If yes, then how? They are all currently clinging to an anubias leaf. Should I use a container to take the anubias plant with water out and add it to the other tank?
4) Do I need to move Mom or Dad over with them? It's not a 20 gallon high tank, so I'd rather not, especially since both parents are veil tails. The male is especially big and finny, and I would hate seeing him in anything smaller than a 55 gallon.
5) What do I feed them? I have a couple containers of instant baby brine shrimp. Is that ok? How long would I feed them that before switching to flakes? I do have bloodworm flakes. If I crush them very well then maybe give them that too?

Any help, advice, or suggestions would be great! :)

Here's a picture of the fry in case anyone's interested. I think they hatched just today.
AThuy+

Back
Top Bottom