Angelfish Grow Out Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dusty280

Aquarium Advice Regular
My angelfish just bred in a 30 gallon tank and had about 100 fry that are about 8 days old now. I have a 50 gallon cycled tank with hang on back filter ( intake valve covered with sponge )and heater that I will place fry into. What else should be in grow out tank? Gravel? plants? Etc....

And. What is safest way to move fry from one tank to the other?

I have nothing in my grow out tanks. Bare bottom makes it easier to keep it clean. Fry need clean water. I do 50% water changes every two days.

Dusty280 said:
My angelfish just bred in a 30 gallon tank and had about 100 fry that are about 8 days old now. I have a 50 gallon cycled tank with hang on back filter ( intake valve covered with sponge )and heater that I will place fry into. What else should be in grow out tank? Gravel? plants? Etc....

Is the tank they bred in a community tank or just the two parent angels?

Parent angels are in the tank and some Cory catfish

Yes I will probably go with bare bottom tank but may put some potted plants in also.

Ah i see. I thought it may have been easier swapping the filters and putting the parent angels in your bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom