Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Angelfish layed eggs....again!

So, this is the second time my angelfish have layed eggs. Since they lasted a couple days the first time since they were eaten, I waited until the morning when I was to separate them from the rest of the tank, but they were all gone in the morning. :|

So, does this mean that my angelfish are actual girl and boy? Will 2 females lays eggs over and over again?

Thanks.

(Any other advice would be helpful!)

Old 05-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Although not an expert I do believe that 2 females will lay eggs. Jchillin has recently discovered this. You can pm him or BrianNY for more information on angelfish breeding. I have a friend who can't get her 3 pairs of angelfish to stop breeding, and most people can't get their angels to successfully breed. Sometimes it's easier than other times I guess.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

My friend has had two females for about a year now and they are laying eggs nearly every week.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagz
Although not an expert I do believe that 2 females will lay eggs. Jchillin has recently discovered this. You can pm him or BrianNY for more information on angelfish breeding.
No need to PM, I'm here.

Hi Jackiee and congrats. The answer to your question is really a matter of two things (actually one when you get right down to it). If you get a successful spawn, you have a pair. I have been trying to breed my two for almost a year and then one night, I saw them both laying eggs. Rich311k has recently had a successful spawn and he just separated his two angels into their own tank. This is by far the best method to make sure that you have a pair.

Of course, not everyone has the room for a separate breeding tank for angels. From what you are describing, you are prepared to raise the fry. Is there room to just put the angels in and let them do it themselves?

Tags
angel, angelfish, egg, eggs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com