angels had eggs in my community tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

delfisherman

Aquarium Advice Freak
we left town for thanksgining and when my girlfriend got back she found that our angles had eggs on the back of our tank. the became wigglers today and is the 4th time weve had eggs and first time with wigglers. we would like to save some if not all. i do have a 10 gallon set up for my bettas thats bare cause we were trying to breed them. would it be ok if i somehow caught and moved the babies into my 10 after moved my bettas and did a pwc?

so my angels moved the wrigglers from where they were laid to a peice of coral i had in my tank. idk how many are there bit i can see about a dozen atleast.

Angels are notorious for moving their fry around. It's a natural protection manuver. As long as the fry are not free swimming yet, they are all in the same general area. If you can isolate the area where you last saw the fry from the rest of the tank, once they become free swimming, use a smaller siphon hose (I use 1/2" diameter clear plastic vinyl tubing) and slowly siphon the fry and the water into the 10 gal tank. Start off by using all the water from the breeding tank then do partial water changes so as to not shock the fry from the move. Use a sponge filter only for best results with the fry. Once free swimming, the fry will do best on newly hatched baby brine shrimp for food. By keeping them in a bare 10 gal, you'll be able to see what food doesn't get eaten and can siphon it out of the tank to prevent pollution.
Be aware that if you have a normal spawn of about 100 fry, you will need to move them into a larger grow out tank in about 30 days. A 10 gal is not a good grow out tank for Angels.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. Good luck with your new fry :)

Back
Top Bottom