Angels spawning!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cplawrence

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, it seems that I may have a pair of Koi angels! I caught them in the act and judging by the breeding tubes I am hoping that it is actually a male and female pair. I am not optimistic about this time leading to fry but hompefully if I give them a couple of tries, I can set up a tank to raise some little ones in!

hey cp! glad to see someone from g.r. in here... great news about your angels, i hope all goes well for them. i just picked up a couple juvy koi angels myself. hope to have similar results in the future. where are you calling your lfs around here?

Congrats. I hope it works out for you. Nothing more satisfying than having your fish spawn successfully.

Jchillin said:
Congrats! If you saw an elongated cone like one on the female and a short stumpy one on the male, you are halfway there.

I guess I am less confident now. The breeding tubes appeared to be different in that one was much broader than the other, but I would not have characterized one as much longer--oh well.

hey cp! glad to see someone from g.r. in here...

Agreed!

I have been going to VIPets for the most part. The one out on Division seems to have a better selection for FW, but I frequent the one on Plainfield as well. Where have you been going?

i go to VIPets also. usually the one on plainfield, it's a little closer to downtown. have you been to the new (i think) curious world down on breton and 29th? i just noticed it the other day, stopped in and all their stuff looks really taken care of but the salesperson was "more of a cat person"... lol anyways, they had some cool fish, good prices.

Back
Top Bottom