Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

any chance she is still pregnant?

on the 21st I sawa baby platy. turns out there were at least 4 that I can confirm. saw one get eaten. now it seems they are all gone. i mean I guess they could still be in there, but I am not finding them.

any chance the mom is still pregnant? she still looks big to me and I am new to this and just don't know. I will try and post a couple of pics on here, but she doesn't like to stay still for the camera

Old 01-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

A couple of pics

Old 01-28-2012, 04:46 AM   #3
CMN
Aquarium Advice Activist

How long ago did she give birth to those babies that you saw? You probably already know this but when you do see the baby mollies because I am assuming she will have more in the future you must separate the babies from the mother and what ever else is in the tank. However, the second picture you took she looks still very pregnant I would keep monitoring her. They usually give birth in the early morning. Watch to see if her belly ends up squaring off which is one of the biggest warning signs that she is getting ready to give birth.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

thanks CMN! that was what I was kinda thinking. I will keep watching her! (and looking for babies). I saw the first baby on the 21st. If more don't come soon I don't know what I will think.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
CMN
Aquarium Advice Activist

Your welcome. Let me know how it goes.

Tags
pregnant

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com